No announcement yet.

Black Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuss: I felt the same way at that fork. I haven't finished all possibilities yet, but I'm looking forward to finding that path.

Comment

I enjoyed it, but I don't think I'd like to repeat the experience.

Comment

Same. I don't think the end justified the four hours I spent trying to get there. I wanted to kill the dad myself by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
          Same. I don't think the end justified the four hours I spent trying to get there. I wanted to kill the dad myself by the end.
          That's why it's so effective.

Comment

Three new episodes arriving tomorrow (June 5). Featuring Andrew Scott and, erm … Miley Cyrus.

Comment

I watched all three episodes this weekend. I think the Andrew Scott one is the best of the lot, but I didn't think the Miley Cyrus one was as bad as the critics are saying. The first one was OK, but my least favorite of the three.

Comment

I liked the Miley Cyrus one the best.

Not sure why I didn’t catch before the end the the song she was singing throughout was just a reworked version of Head Like a Hole.

Comment

I did the same thing, HP. I kept thinking that I had heard the song before, but didn't know where until the end.

Comment

Striking Vipers

I enjoyed this one the most; very high-concept. I agree with the criticism that it could have explored its premise much deeper, but still good nonetheless.

Smithereens

A fairly thin idea stretched too far, although Andrew Scott's acting kept it going.

Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too

I thought this was fine (as was Miley Cyrus). I was just disappointed with the final scene.

Comment

I've only watched the first two so far. Both a bit underwhelming. Not bad, but just fine and rather predictable once the premise was laid out. None of the bite of earlier seasons really.

On the other hand, also on Netflix I just watched I Am Mother, a cool little sci-fi film which is not far off an extended Black Mirror episode. Definitely recommended.
                      Last edited by Ginger Yellow; 17-06-2019, 10:45.

Comment

As with the above, only seen the first two. The first one was definitely more intriguing and had better leads (Andrew Scott was v good in the second, but most everyone else, especially the Clueless English cops, were piss annoying. Dunno if it was original or a cop out that the Corporate Behemoth Topher Grace character was comparatively sympathetic, but then Brooker is prob on friendly terms with Netflix Gods these days).

So many roads not taken in both episodes but, Smithereens was a colossal waste of time in the end. Scott just wanted to be listened to. Wow.

That there's only really about 3 ideas in the show is becoming painfully apparent. I'm a bit scared to watch the Cyrus ep. but by the end I really disliked Screenwipe and Centrist Charlie's predictable stances, so maybe I'm not the target audience. If I wanted to hear a miserable cunt not as funny as he thinks he is shouting at the telly I'd film myself. I enjoyed Clunk but.
                        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 25-06-2019, 18:41.

Comment

Seen all 3 newbies. All a bit meh.

Comment

Working...
                          X