X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Theme Tunes Sung By The Cast

'Double Dekkers' seems to be the cast on the theme tune

'Hair Bear Bunch' - the voice actors

'No Problem' was credited to The Powell Family, meaning presumably the actors playing them.

Of course both these could be cons where session singers imitate the cast.

I'm excluding themes sung by just one actor, as in the Dennis Waterman syndrome.

The Monkees.

Comment

Family Guy

Comment

Bread

The Partridge Family(?)

Comment

Watching, sung by the lead only. It’s on Forces TV at the moment and I now know why I grew up unconsciously feeling that the Wirral was dull. It seems like such a boring place in the show.

Comment

Nightingales

Comment

How Far To Hitchin

Comment

It Ain't Half Hot Mum?

(You can't say anything these days, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                  'Hair Bear Bunch' - the voice actors
                  Also the Banana Splits, presumably.

Comment

Frasier

every (I think) Muppets tv show (the maligned Muppets Tonight having a great theme)

Surprise Surprise

Comment

I was going to say Hi-de-Hi, but it turns out the TV theme was sung by Postman Pat hitmaker Ken Barrie. However, some of the cast re-recorded it as a single with Paul Shane on lead, earning an appearance on Top of the Pops.

(Paul Shane's performance was better than his assault on You've Lost That Loving Feeling.)

Comment

Oh, Roy Castle and Record Breakers. (Trumpet solo too.)
                        Or does Norris's non-participation count against it?

Comment

Shooting Stars

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

I'm excluding themes sung by just one actor, as in the Dennis Waterman syndrome.
                            Well, this rule already seems to have been broken several times so I'll just add The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and The Fall Guy.

Comment

I'm assuming the cast of Auf Wiedersehen Pet is doing backing vocals on That's Living Alright?

Comment

Lots of people think that Nicholas Lyndhurst sang the theme to Only Fools and Horses, but it's actually writer John Sullivan.

If we're allowing Watermans , then Just Good Friends.

And stretching things , Anita Dobson with " Anyone can fall in love "

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                                  Watching, sung by the lead only. It’s on Forces TV at the moment and I now know why I grew up unconsciously feeling that the Wirral was dull. It seems like such a boring place in the show.
                                  Wasn't it only the Stoneways that were from the Wirral?

Comment

All In The Family. (for the North American contingent)

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                      All In The Family. (for the North American contingent)
                                      You beat me to it. That series was on Dutch weekend morning TV when I was a kid (so, mid-nineties).

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

Well, this rule already seems to have been broken several times so I'll just add The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and The Fall Guy.
                                        Not The Monkees. They all sang on that (backing or otherwise).

Comment

Does Bob the Builder count? He contributes to the song.

Comment

From Season 2 onward, The Brady Bunch theme was sung by the actual kids.

Comment

The Dukes of Hazzard theme was sung by Waylon Jennings, who was also the narrator of each week's episode. Jennings was the guy who gave up his seat on the plane to Buddy Holly.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                How Far To Hitchin
                                                It's Hitchin I'm missing.

Comment

Memo to marketing department: let's release the Dr Who theme tune sung by members of the cast. A bunch of former Doctors warbling "diddly dum diddly dum ... woo ooo ooh". Dalek backing vocals. I smell a hit.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X