The Fly (1958)
    The Man With the X-Ray Eyes (1963)

Zabriskie Point

Comment

Once Upon A Time In America

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys View Post
        The Fly (1958)
        Now, I've only seen the Jeff Goldblum remake, but I remember it as being an enjoyable film, but can't remember the ending at all.

Comment

Squashed by a giant newspaper, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

Now, I've only seen the Jeff Goldblum remake, but I remember it as being an enjoyable film, but can't remember the ending at all.
            The premise is the same, but the films are quite different from one another (including the endings). But the Cronenberg version is a great film.

Comment

The Quiet Earth (1985), a New Zealand film with an ending out of all proportion with the rest of the film as far as quality is concerned.

Comment

The usual suspects

The sixth sense (if you hadn't already guessed)

Escape to victory

Comment

I agree with The Fly (although there’s a spider and some hi-pitched help me’s)
                  The Mist
                  Saving Private Ryan has an ace end and beginning.
                  Crossroads
                  Game of Death

This is going to be a great thread.

Comment

The one with Michael Douglas and Glenn Close.

Comment

The Village.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                        The one with Michael Douglas and Glenn Close.
                        In the original ending she kills herself. Leaving all that complicated guilt and mess for the Douglas character to
                        deal with.

Comment

Miracle Mile - turns out that the world was about to end after all

One of those great 80's movies which seems to have disappeared

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                            The Village.
                            The one film where I actually called the twist about halfway through. Usually I'm really dense on those sorts of things.

Comment

Godfather III

I didn't see the Twist coming in Village because I hadn't seen any of MNS' previous films at that time so I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for a twist.

Comment

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Comment

Originally posted by Mockswing View Post
                                  The Quiet Earth (1985), a New Zealand film with an ending out of all proportion with the rest of the film as far as quality is concerned.
                                  Beaten to this

But yes

1,000 times yes

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                                    Once Upon A Time In America
                                    Am sure forum has previously done Great movies with terrible endings. Where this belongs. But if not consider this first post.

Comment

I love so much about that film, James Woods jumping into a dumpster is not part of the love.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                        Monty Python and the Holy Grail
                                        So-so? SO-SO? SOOOOOO-SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?

Comment

I really liked the ending to Safety Not Guaranteed having been bored for the majority of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post
                                            Am sure forum has previously done Great movies with terrible endings. Where this belongs. But if not consider this first post.
                                            Previously on otf...

Comment

Indeed, Holy Grail is one of the greatest films ever start to finish.

Comment

Originally posted by ale View Post

Well thank you for pointing this out, but I was able to read and understand both the thread title and its ramifications. However I stand by my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

So-so? SO-SO? SOOOOOO-SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?
                                                  Quite the contrary. Great film, terrible ending.

And while checking on Wikipedia that I remembered it correctly, I found:

'In a 2017 interview at Indiana University in Bloomington, John Cleese expressed disappointment with the film's conclusion. "'The ending annoys me the most'", he said after a screening of the film on the Indiana campus, adding that "'It ends the way it does because we couldn't think of any other way'".'
                                                  Last edited by Lymeswold Snork; 22-05-2022, 22:24.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X