Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

In ROTJ, Darth finds out Luke has a sister - I don't recall if he ever figures out it's Leia - because he picks up Luke's thoughts about her in the final battle. So that's a power the Sith have and it seems that a Jedi countermeasure for making people forget they know each other would be a valuable security tool for everyone involved.
    Force Users can read minds and also emotions. The training Jedi get to prevent mind attacks mostly appears to be a form of meditation. There is talk of building psychological walls around your mind to repel attacks. Also in the books there is a specific skill learned by Jacen Solo during his dark side transition called mind rubbing where he is able to wipe specific bits of time from the victims memory. It is only known by a very small number of people though and not commonly used. Jacen uses it on his own padawan, Luke's son, Ben Skywalker. You'll notice how the movies messed around with this and Leia's son is called Ben. That pissed off plenty of fans, myself included. They could have picked any name for Han and Leia's son but they deliberately chose the one of Luke's son from the books.

Comment

Been watching Attack of The Clones with my boy. I asked him if he recognised Mace Windu, and he said no. I said to put an eyepatch on him and the revelation spread across his face like a sunrise. Different generations of film watching. He hasn't seen Pulp Fiction so I didn't say to put a jheri curl on him.

I have now also resolved to enjoy the films and series for the blockbuster popcorn ephemera they are. It's a lot more fun that way.

Comment

Working...
      X