Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

We also never see Stormtroopers die ... We never see them carry away bodies of dead Stormtroopers.
    Well, we know at least what the Ewoks did with them. They were going to do the same to our heroes as soon as they arrived on Endor in ROTJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

Well, we know at least what the Ewoks did with them. They were going to do the same to our heroes as soon as they arrived on Endor in ROTJ.
      We might yet get ewoks...

https://twitter.com/screencrushnews/status/1535386826743201792?t=jahJDjxyHYM6mBAWAWtTEg&s=19

Comment

Currently watching The Clone Wars. It's actually quite sad watching Anakin as a good guy, carrying on with Padme, snarking with Ashoka, best mates with Kenobi and the Clone troopers, knowing what's coming down the line for everyone.

Bloody Qwi-Gon Jinn. Crap at duelling, fucked the Republic.

Comment

**** SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FIRST THREE EPISODES ****

Kind of enjoyed the first three episodes although I couldn't really understand why, in episode three, after beating up a load of stormtroopers, he suddenly decides that because three more stormtroopers turn up he has to surrender?

Comment

I guess he figures they’ll just keep coming forever so he might as well get on with escaping capture. Like just taking the sack in gridiron.

Comment

Originally posted by Tratorello View Post
              **** SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FIRST THREE EPISODES ****

Kind of enjoyed the first three episodes although I couldn't really understand why, in episode three, after beating up a load of stormtroopers, he suddenly decides that because three more stormtroopers turn up he has to surrender?
              Haven't the baddies already got Leia at that point?

Comment

No, she was still with Kenobi

Comment

Episode 4 was decent. The thing I'm finding most odd is how OBK and 3rd sister etc somehow haven't noticed how Leia is a force sensitive and not just any sensitive. As strong as Luke. Kenobi would easily be able to sense her and so to the Inquisitors. They just seem to be pretending that she isn't. In "normal times" she'd be 3-4 years into her Jedi youngling training at the temple.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger of Hope View Post
                    Episode 4 was decent. The thing I'm finding most odd is how OBK and 3rd sister etc somehow haven't noticed how Leia is a force sensitive and not just any sensitive. As strong as Luke. Kenobi would easily be able to sense her and so to the Inquisitors. They just seem to be pretending that she isn't. In "normal times" she'd be 3-4 years into her Jedi youngling training at the temple.
                    I'm kind of enjoying it but you really have to turn off the logical, questioning part of your brain.

The more they do these prequel/sequels and messing around with timelines the original films make less and less sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger of Hope View Post
                      It appears that Sith can't just sense "force-sensitive" people unless those people actually plug into The Force. It's like detecting a new printer that has been added to the network. If it's not online, nobody can find it, even if it could be online in the future. That's why Obi Wan is reluctant to use The Force.

Leia doesn't know she's force-sensitive. She hasn't been told that she has that gift. Her adoptive parents don't want her to for her own safety. Same with Luke

Comment

Another good episode, the prequel stans were losing their minds on social media over the flashbacks.

Obi-Wan"s definitely got his mojo back the way he was ploughing through the Stormtroopers and pulling fast ones.

Comment

[minor spoiler]

I don't really understand the Third Sister's plan. Why did she need to use OWK as bait to bring in Vader? She's already been in the same room with him many times.

Comment

I agree that ep 5 was another good one. Four and five have been much better for me. Agree with HP about the strange thing about needing Obi-Wan. I assume she was thinking that Vader would be distracted and she could get him. The move she made was stupid because there is no way she was going to win. And I get that everyone seemed to know that Anakin had intense powers but the kind of thing that happened in this episode is the move that I keep expecting Obi-Wan to make. I mean, Vader can pull down a ship with his mind and he can make Third Sister look like a fool, yet Obi-Wan continues to use blaster pistols to fight most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                              Another good episode, the prequel stans were losing their minds on social media over the flashbacks.

Obi-Wan"s definitely got his mojo back the way he was ploughing through the Stormtroopers and pulling fast ones.
                              I think the series ace.* Including this episode. I specifically loved the training duel. Including Obi Wan’s slide-back-shuffle when Anakin caught him just so. Ooooh, thought Obi Wan.

*including additional information from the folks that have read/seen the books/shows.

Comment

The thing I noticed about the flashback was how much Hayden Christiansen had aged.

Props to him for going back to the role despite all the ridicule of Episodes 2 & 3. (Much of which focused on him)

Comment

[minor spoiler]

I don't really understand the Third Sister's plan. Why did she need to use OWK as bait to bring in Vader? She's already been in the same room with him many times.
                                  Yes that doesn't work. Filoni trying to be too clever and make her more than just a villainous hunter.

I liked Talla and the silent droid. I guess the moral is not to get too attached.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                    The thing I noticed about the flashback was how much Hayden Christiansen had aged.

Props to him for going back to the role despite all the ridicule of Episodes 2 & 3. (Much of which focused on him)
                                    Poor dude was delivering nonsense against a green-screen with a director more in love with the visuals than the plot. He also did Shattered Glass in between II and III, which was an ace performance. Good picture, too.

Comment

The "is the tracking device on the ship" thing I could have sworn was later but it's from actual, original, episode 4, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                        The "is the tracking device on the ship" thing I could have sworn was later but it's from actual, original, episode 4, isn't it?
                                        Yes, Leia tells Han that the Empire let them escape from the Death Star and it was "too easy". Han gets annoyed at her.

It's a bit silly that Darth Vader would have ordered it as a contingency in the original movie. How would he know that the Millennium Falcon would be in a position to escape? In this episode of Obi Wan Kenobi there is no indication that Third Sister is letting them go, or any reason for her to believe that Leia will be rescued.

Comment

I'm intrigued by the age of young Leia. She seems more like seven then ten, to me

Comment

Vader wanted them to escape to lure out Luke.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                              I'm intrigued by the age of young Leia. She seems more like seven then ten, to me
                                              I think the actress is 8.

Comment

Well now, I looked her up, and she seems to be ten.

Vivien Lyra Blair (born June 4, 2012)

Comment

Vader wanted them to escape to lure out Luke.
                                                  He doesn't know about Luke.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

He doesn't know about Luke.
                                                    Sorry, i thought we were talking about ESB and their escape with the trash to Bespin.

Oh, right. In Star Wars, the the imperial forces at the Death Star, led by Grand Moff Tarkin - Vader isn’t in charge then - let’s them escape so they can follow them to the secret rebel base. But he does not want to make it look like he’s letting them escape to revel his plan.

But Leia still figured it out. The Rebels also figured out that, instead of evacuating again and trying to avoid fighting the Death Star indefinitely as it blew up more planets, that they should stay put, risk getting their Yavin base blown up, and instead attack the Death Star and put a bomb down the exhaust shaft that’s about the size of a womp rat in Beggar’s Canyon. That was smart.

That really didn’t have much to do with Vader. Vader was more preoccupied with fighting Kenobi and, like I said, he wasn’t in charge. He’s not really in charge of the fleet until ESB. Before that, some of the other generals are openly defying him. If he Force chokes them, Tarkin gets him back under his control. It’s only after Tarkin is blown up that Vader is really in command.

I don’t know what you mean by not knowing they’d be in a position to escape. The Millennium Falcon was parked at the Death Star. The Empire put it there. So they had a means to escape and both sides knew about it. Eventually, they figure out Leia has escaped with some rebels. I don’t think they knew that Obi Wan was mucking around with some lightly guarded controls. But either way, as soon as they saw that somebody had sprung Leia, they could have put it together that she was being helped by whoever arrived on the Falcon and just blown it up.

But still, I’m not sure just letting them go was Plan A. Tarkin might have decided to just call an audible when it was clear that it was becoming too difficult to capture or kill them on board the DS, even though it shouldn’t have been. They were still processing the paperwork on the M Falcon anyway, so he may have decided at that point to let the escape in it.

Or maybe that was always the plan and he told his Stormtrooper sergeants to kill a few of the rebels but make sure at least one gets away on the Falcon.
                                                    Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 21-06-2022, 08:51.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X