I just don't like you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Delicieux View Post
    Anybody who is there via influential parents/relatives involved in the film industry, and boy there are so many.
    The two who give me the biggest shits at present are Timothee Chalamet and Kristen Stewart.

Normally a bit shit and wooden, yet there will be one performance in something that will be pointed to as an example of 'but they were really good in this', where said actor has been directed to within an inch of their life.

Well, if I was shit at a job but then had one good shift because my manager was guiding my every action, then on the next shift was shit again, I'd be shit at my job, but if my parents knew the manager i'd be golden, I guess.
    I have not (knowingly) seen anything that Mr Chalomet has been in, but I already know, I fucking hate him. And, I am watching 'Dune' later. (Fuck 'Call Me By Your Name': fucking gaysplaining bollocks. Apparently. I'm going to have to be so stoned to watch Dune, that hopefully I will forget the little cunt is even in it.))

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post

FUCK YOU! (OK, I see it.)
      I know, can’t help it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post

I know, can’t help it.
        I have seen him being excellent in about... 5 movies (not including Star Wars). John Oliver has a lot to answer for.

Comment

OK, this might take a while.

Harrison Ford is watchable, and I hate myself for doing so. EVERY FUCKING TIME.
          Leonardo DiCaprio can fuck off.
          Goldie (one face) Hawn.
          I steer well clear, in the last 10 years or so, of anything that Bruce Willis has come close to (except 'Reds' et al, cos Brian Cox..).
          Not an actress, per se, but Tyler fucking Perry. (Amazing person, but he makes gold turn to shit. Ruined the possibility of the ongoing James Patterson 'Cross' thing. Lovely man. Sorry.)
          Toyah Wilcox (yay, not an actress!)

That was easy. Oh wait:

Jeremy Strong. Oh yes, too fucking up his own orifice (excellent in 'The Gentlemen'.)
          Roy Scheider. Cunt.
          Sean Conn... no, can't bring mysel... fuck it, Sean Connery, the cunt.

In case you all think I am misandrist...

Phoebe Waller-Bridge
          That person who always plays men in Shakespeare, and isn't Tilda Swinton...(Google) Fiona fucking Shaw!
          OK, I am going to say it: Sofia Vergara. I fucking love her. Please, don't act.

There are more, but I am cooking. En feu, apparently.

Comment

Gerontophile it’s nice to see you. This is just for you:

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
              Gerontophile it’s nice to see you. This is just for you:

Sorry about the picture quote.

If you want to hate Meryl Streep: "She-Devil".

Comment

Also, I hate Tyler Perry for other reasons than he is a lovely guy, so sticking strictly to the title premise.

He's a massively worthwhile cunt. He should have been born in Glasgow.

Comment

If I may... 'random hate'?

Dwayne Johnson can fucking do one.
                  (you all know that I am leading up to ...not yet)
                  Dave Chapelle, not an actor... ish.
                  Amber Heard, because. Not because of 'that'.
                  Johnny Depp, can fuck off, for trying to get 'Street Cred' with the "Fast Show". Talk amongst yourself.
                  Laurence Olivier can fuck off, cos he was shite. Seriously. OK, not seriously. I fucking hate him.
                  Olivia deHavilland, because I can't fucking spell her name.
                  (Are we still doing random?)

And most of all, COLIN FUCKING FARRELL, because he ... is what I would have been. In other words, possibly excellent.

*edit I would never have been Colin Farrell. He is a much better actor than me/I. However, I could act the shit out of Olivia defuckingHaviland (and that woman who played Rhett Butler... Grace... something or other. Possibly mistaking other stuff for reality, but, hey, it's that kind of thread. Vivien Leigh (sic?) Yeah, she was fucking awful.)

But that's ok, because, a) I can't do punctuation with a sticky keyboard, and b) she's dead. Colin Farrell should have won the oscar for the reboot of "Gone With The Wind" in 2020. Not because there was one, but because, it was the very last idea that anyone would ever think about, ever again. (Superb in "The Lobster".)

I am literally listening to the ChartMusic podcast, and they are equating Paul Weller to Clark Gable. I promise, I did not steal any 'theme'.
                  Last edited by Gerontophile; 14-11-2021, 04:10.

Comment

You are all too negative.

Comment

How the fuck else do you power batteries?

Comment

I want to see the 2022 remake of Gone With The Wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                          I'm going to get my head handed to me for this but anyhow...

It seems to be a Welsh proclivity, I think it's got something to do with enunciation. It's very clear and resonant, almost too much. It tends to sound sort of contrived to English speakers elsewhere. Hopkins, Richard Burton, Dylan Thomas, even Tom Jones singing voice has the same quality.
                          All South Walians. Northern accents, to these ears at least, seem far harsher in tone.

Comment

Problem is that Death Becomes Her is a great film and I hate myself for saying that.

And Tyler Perry can fuck off for Madea alone.

Comment

As I may have mentioned - Hugo Weaving not least for his channelling Larry Grayson as the mighty "look at the muck in here" elf-Lord of power Elrond, and his sickening nasal Strine whine as Douglas Jardine

Comment

Kate Mara.

Can't explain why.

Comment

Reece Dinsdale

Can't think of anything I've seen him in I've liked

(Probably a tribute to his talent as an actor)

And Keith Barron

Comment

I don't like Martin Shaw. He might be a lovely guy for all I know but as an actor he exudes a colossal sense of self-regard whatever the character he plays.

I was half considering going to see The Cherry Orchard in Windsor last month, as Ian McKellen was in it, but the only seats at a price that I was happy with were on the stage itself. I noticed just in time that Martin Shaw was also in the cast and dropped the idea, lest I inadvertently disrupt the performance by reflexively pulling faces or mouthing "wanker" at him or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                      I don't like Martin Shaw. He might be a lovely guy for all I know but as an actor he exudes a colossal sense of self-regard whatever the character he plays.

I was half considering going to see The Cherry Orchard in Windsor last month, as Ian McKellen was in it, but the only seats at a price that I was happy with were on the stage itself. I noticed just in time that Martin Shaw was also in the cast and dropped the idea, lest I inadvertently disrupt the performance by reflexively pulling faces or mouthing "wanker" at him or something similar.
                                      I quite like Martin Shaw

But Christ almighty, he really is a fucking twat, isn't he?

Refuses to talk about, and embarrassed by "The Professionals"?

Christ. What an arsehole.

Regular work, income, and pay.

Playing a part

That wasn't you - that was the character

If you were worried about the individual you were playing, why did you accept the part of openly corrupt judge John Deed or the bent pig in "The Chief"?

Comment

And embarrassed by parts you played and received decent coin?

Sue Nicholls as Nadia Popov

If you can play that, you can play anything

It's not like being worthless openly racist cunt Michael Bates who thinks it's acceptable to appear in blackface

(See also, cunts like David Baddiel, David Walliams, and others

A goojf card to Russ Abbott's producers because they could simply have hired a black actor to play that part in the "spanners" sketch, rather than Dustin Gee in blackface, and chose to remain with the established troupe?

I think that was wrong

)

Last edited by Guy Profumo; 21-11-2021, 17:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                                          Keith Barron
                                          He was good in Stand Up, Nigel Barton (and its sequel).

Comment

Martin Shaw is indeed an excellent actor, and he is indeed a complete twat.

He was such a snob about the Professionals that he stopped it getting a full video release for years, until the show's producers pointed out that he was depriving Gordon Jackson's widow of much-needed royalties.

Comment

That Judge John Deed thing may as well have had dragons in it, it was so crazily unrealistic. Honestly I wouldn't have been surprised for him to remove his judges robe to reveal an iron man suit.

Comment

Inspector George Gently was fucking awful as well.

Comment

God yes. But the period stuff looked good. pity about the heavy handed anachronisms in the plot throughout.

I may be misremembering it, but I seem to recall a court case where his girlfriend barrister was taking on his barrister daughter, and he was the judge, but seemingly this was OK because his ex wife was married to the Home Secretary, who was part of a conspiracy or something. Oh god. It's such a terrible terrible series.

Comment

Plus it had Jenny Seagrove in it which really didn’t help.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X