Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oldest TV series or Film with all ( or most) of the main cast still alive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oldest TV series or Film with all ( or most) of the main cast still alive.

I was on Imdb, and came across the notorious ITV sitcom Love Thy Neighbour, and it turns out that the four lead actors are still with us. Jack Smethurst is 89, Rudolph Walker will be 82 in a couple of weeks, Kate Williams is 79 and Nina Baden Semper is in her middle 70s. Not only that, but Walker and Williams are still working.
    Last edited by elguapo4; 14-09-2021, 20:00. Reason: Rudolph not Rupert Walker as originally written

All but one of the "Double Deckers"?

Comment

Doctor Who. With one exception, by the time the actors die they are no longer part of the main cast. Cunning.

Comment

Funny you should mention Dr Who. Of the three assistants in the very first series, two ( William Russell and Carole Ann Ford) are still alive. Russell is 97, Ford is 81.

Comment

A lot of the cast of M*A*S*H (the 1970 movie) are still with us. Donald Sutherland, Elliott Gould, Robert Duvall, Sally Kellerman, Tom Skerritt, Bud Cort …

Comment

Going down an Imdb rabbit hole yesterday, I came across the film of Neil Simon's California Suite. Considering that it's 42 years old, and most of the cast weren't young then, it's impressive that only Walter Matthau and Richard Pryor have left us. Jane Fonda, Alan Alda, Elaine May, Michael Caine, Maggie Smith and Bill Cosby are still around, and most of them are still working.

Comment

I read this at first as a new thread. It isn't and Jack Smethurst died earlier this year.

Comment

Tales of the Riverbank

Those rodents were all fucking immortal…

Comment

The Magic Roundabout, though Dylan might be a bit ropey.

Comment

Working...
                  X