• Show
Clear All

I never knew he spent time in Ireland

Comment

Colin Baker

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        I never knew he spent time in Ireland
        Gillen or meaney? Meaney hardly ever sets foot here except for work, and has been in the US since star trek, which must be at least 30 years ago. Gillen would have been here all through the shooting of Game of Thrones. Belfast is only an hour and a half up the road.

My Friend C lives out the road, and we've been great friends since college. She still retains contact with the world of Irish Theatre and she had a great Gillen story. A friend of a friend was out on a theatrical person night out, and as the night drew to a close Gillen invited them back to his place to finish off the party. At some point he retired to bed telling the lads to enjoy themselves when the hero of the story, being a well brought up boy, decided that he would show his gratitude for the hospitality by wandering in to offer him a thank you blow job. So he takes off his shoes and clambers onto the bed, and conveys his offer, which is greeted with a gracious but negative reply. It was a lovely thought, and it was very sweet, but it wasn't quite his thing, and that he should go back and enjoy the end of the party. So he puts on his shoes, and stumbles back out, consoling himself that he had done the decent thing, and nothing ventured, nothing gained. before meandering off home, taking both sides of the road with him, having successfully completed a night of heavy drinking

He wakes up the next morning hungover to fuck, with the phone ringing. He answers it, and on the other end is a furious, frantic Gillen, wanting to know why he had stolen his expensive high fashion hand made, shoes whereupon our hero springs from the bed and sees in horror, that in the darkness he had donned gillen's shoes and had to race back across dublin to reunite them with their owner. A horrendous process at the best of times, and a thousand times worse when in the horrors. Truly no good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

Colm Meaney has a house in Dublin, but being a well brought up boy myself , I'm not going to say where.

Comment

One of my lecturers in the 80s felt that Michael Caine was miscast in Hannah And Her Sisters. Bob Hoskins as Hoover felt odd. Robert De Niro in romantic roles because he can't shake off that air of menace despite his greatness as an actor, like Cagney in a musical.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
              One of my lecturers in the 80s felt that Michael Caine was miscast in Hannah And Her Sisters. Bob Hoskins as Hoover felt odd. Robert De Niro in romantic roles because he can't shake off that air of menace despite his greatness as an actor, like Cagney in a musical.
              Didn't Cagney start in musicals?

Comment

Speaking of "nowadays looks odd, but wasn't at the time" - Sidney James in "Seagulls over Sorrento"

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
                  Edwina Currie's tryst with John Major would have been rather more understandable if he actually did resemble Jonny Lee Miller:

https://twitter.com/TheCrownNetflix/status/1408379478552858624
                  But who would Edwina need to look like?

Comment

If he's playing John major, then they should just get Angelina Jolie in for the shits and giggles. In for a penny and whatnot

Comment

Recent rumours suggest you're onto something there.
                      Last edited by 3 Colours Red; 28-07-2021, 06:12.

Comment

Originally posted by 1974ddr View Post

But who would Edwina need to look like?
                        Margaret Hamilton

Comment

Working...
                        X