• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
    I'm not sure I mentioned this:

[Usually a woman] "I'm going with you"
    [Hero, usually male] "No you're not, it's too dangerous/I promised your father I'd keep you safe."
    [Usually a woman] "Like hell I'm not...[another explanation of her character's driving motivation]."
    Hero insists on leaving Usually A Woman behind. Gets into serious danger with the Bad Guy. Then a shot rings out and the Bad Guy falls forward revealing... Usually A Woman who has followed Hero into danger anyway and has now saved his life.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    I'm not sure I mentioned this:

[Usually a woman] "I'm going with you"
    [Hero, usually male] "No you're not, it's too dangerous/I promised your father I'd keep you safe."
    [Usually a woman] "Like hell I'm not...[another explanation of her character's driving motivation]."

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Or that big lake in Washington next to the monument. Perfect place to meet spies out in the open.

The one first to sit on the bench is the first to get up and leave. Always.
    It's a wide shot of DC and then suddenly they're sitting on a bench in Toronto and then zoom back out to DC.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    If you don't fancy meeting in the open air then you can always go and lurk in a parking structure. Although there is a much higher risk of being shot by shadowy assailants.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    And if you wish to secretly observe this meeting, you should disguise yourself as something conspicuous and memorable, such as a homeless person or a busker.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by Sits View Post
    Secret meeting to arrange? Primrose Hill is an excellent location, no one will spot you there.

See also: on the Embankment directly opposite the Houses of Parliament.
    Or that big lake in Washington next to the monument. Perfect place to meet spies out in the open.

The one first to sit on the bench is the first to get up and leave. Always.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Secret meeting to arrange? Primrose Hill is an excellent location, no one will spot you there.

See also: on the Embankment directly opposite the Houses of Parliament.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    No.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    You don't chew them though, do you?

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Most pills taste pretty neutral to me, not that I need to take many.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    He seems to do ok with advocacy, tbh.
    A fair point, well made.

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    He seems to do ok with advocacy, tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    No but if there are loads it might be hard to get them all down sans beverage. Anyway who says I can’t be advocate of the devil once in a while?

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    No-one chews the capsules, do they?

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    If you don’t chew, I guess. I take fifteen tablets in the morning include three salt tablets. I ain’t having those without a drink!

Leave a comment:

• DCI Harry Batt
    replied
    ursus arctos and Sporting, what if you get an inch-long plasticised capsule with rank-tasting powder inside? Maybe a little drink to follow it down afterwards, just get rid of the taste? It just seems needlessly unpleasant not to swill them down with a drink, unless you enjoy it.
    ​​​​​​But you don't taste the powder, that's the whole point of the capsule isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Regularly used in Spooks that one. They’re good at guessing passwords using obscure references too.
    First time, fail. Second time, fail. Third time ... always. The audience is not prepared to wait for a 4th or 5th time.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Patrick's picture sequence is Michael Douglas in Disclosure, isn't it? Every frame.

Leave a comment:

• Southport Zeb
    replied
    The cliche coda to the hacker sequence above is the hacker having left something (a pen, the USB stick) next to the laptop. The main actor turns around, realises something is amiss and then looks back with the object having disappeared in the intervening fraction of a second.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    Regularly used in Spooks that one. They’re good at guessing passwords using obscure references too.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    Treadmills in private gyms are also popular murder scenes.

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    You can also have a treadmill in a training montage. We could make a list of the things required in a training montage, but probably don't need to. The Rocky one is the template that almost all others follow. Including parody montages.

Leave a comment:

• elguapo4
    replied
    The only reason for a treadmill to be introduced in a film/TV show is for someone to fall off the end of it.

The only exception is to show the villain, usually a billionaire businessman , finishing his workout and taking a call, which is always bad news about the hero interrupting his plans. This makes him yell " I want him dead,you hear me?" to anyone who may be listening in.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    After a lengthy hospital stay at 3yo I managed to develop temporary terrors over having my hair washed, and swallowing tablets. Some of my earliest memories are of my poor parents attempting to coerce me to have these things done while I writhed and screamed in my attempts to escape. Makes no sense; both of these things must have happened regularly in hospital.

ursus arctos and Sporting, what if you get an inch-long plasticised capsule with rank-tasting powder inside? Maybe a little drink to follow it down afterwards, just get rid of the taste? It just seems needlessly unpleasant not to swill them down with a drink, unless you enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X