Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    And yet, I’d watch that twice. Like a sap.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    One thing I've noticed is the explanation of the case to either a superior or the accused takes a form where each character in turn delivers a line of dialogue to reveal what happened. This happened a lot in Elementary as well. It's very, very weird and unrealistic.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    The actual discussion of every case is the purest exposition. I’ve realised that everything apart from the actors and the character relationships is absolutely rubbish. But somehow they make it watchable.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I'm rewatching Castle which is really good for this. The latest is "audio of a murder being recorded on a mobile phone and able to be played back via that same phone to an entire room with perfect clarity".
    I'm rewatching Castle too. There are a few knowing nods though. Like when one cop explains what something is and the other one says he knows what it is in an annoyed tone.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    When a character goes into the confessional (room? booth?) in a church, if the priest is not immediately shown on screen as a priest, then he won't be. There might not even be anyone there (for comedic purposes, like Easy A), or he will be an enemy (various dramas), or dead already, or in some other way certainly not the person you want to be confessing to.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    I'm rewatching Castle which is really good for this. The latest is "audio of a murder being recorded on a mobile phone and able to be played back via that same phone to an entire room with perfect clarity".

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    That's very funny. Cheers ad hoc

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    https://twitter.com/MrMichaelSpicer/status/1371396489788948484

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    "Murder boards" - they look like art projects with notes written on different pieces of paper or in different colours of pen and the ubiquitous string linking photos of crime scenes together. Do detectives / coppers spend hours staring at such creations in real life?

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    More or less

Leave a comment:

• pebblethefish
    replied
    I've never been to an American high school, so can someone please confirm that on your first day there, the front will be awash with kids skateboarding, playing frisbee and listening to boomboxes. You will be jostled continually, and people will look down on your clothing choices.

After that first day, no matter how often the front of the school is shown, everyone will actually behave perfectly normally.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    One I spotted during ITV3's rerun of Quiz:

An emotive court case is nearing its conclusion. The defendant (or close relative) go in to the gents, where at the urinal they are joined by the victim (or relative). There is no one else in the toilets.

A tense silence ensues.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    I think we all know what's going to happen here ...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ens-to-outrage

Have they hired the handsome, morally conflicted (but needs the job) bear-whisperer? The hot'n'brainy female scientist who insists he's not her type, but who is she fooling? The hard-faced money-grubbing boss who insists the creatures are better off than in the wild, so everybody wins? The family with annoying child who studies bears for fun, while parents work on their issues?

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Yes, I'm enjoying the videos too

Leave a comment:

• Various Artist
    replied
    You're doing the Lord's work here Mr Delicieux, great finds!

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Very good. I like a good silent thanks, when the inarticulate or repressed man (it's nearly always a man) wants to say it but can only meet the eyes, and nod.

A variation on the walk-away is Dustin Hoffman saying "You're welcome" to Geena Davis in Hero.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Delicieux
    replied
    Another cut of a TV and film staple, the walk away thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Cogito
    replied
    Originally posted by Sits View Post
    And they did it at the beginning of The Shining so it's not innovative.
    And at the end of Blade Runner, so, you know - reduce, reuse, recycle, that helps keep down helicopter costs too.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Delicieux
    replied
    As it says in the thumbnail, a collection of scenes where it's 'not what it looks like'

Leave a comment:

• willie1foot
    replied
    Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
    Has anyone in real life ever spat a mouthful of liquid across the room when someone else has made a slightly surprising announcement. Or pushed a full plate of food away when someone else mentions something mild about body functions.
    My father-in-law does it if you say 'shit'.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Miller's Crossing too. It was more expensive back then. Helicopters cost a packet.

Leave a comment:

• Sits
    replied
    And they did it at the beginning of The Shining so it's not innovative.

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    On a slightly different tack, I'm getting sooooooooooo tired of overhead shots of forests, and maybe a road with a single car driving down it. Look, we know you've got a drone. Everyone and his brother has a drone, but use it to spy on your neighbours, or do something else with it eh!

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Similarly with news of impending catastrophe in movies, everyone gets in their cars and all the roads out of the city are jammed. Whereas we now know most people would probably go have a look at the crashed alien spaceship, mutant monster thing and have a row with anyone who told them to leave the scene.

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    Whereas we now know that the pharmacies will actually be raided for toilet paper, because we've had the movie script come to life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X