No announcement yet.

Movie/TV clichés

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I've noticed is the explanation of the case to either a superior or the accused takes a form where each character in turn delivers a line of dialogue to reveal what happened. This happened a lot in Elementary as well. It's very, very weird and unrealistic.

Comment

And yet, I’d watch that twice. Like a sap.

Comment

It's obviously standard plotting to show things going well for a character early on, so that they can be undone by events later.

A common way is for them to get a new job or promotion they've been hoping for. At which point s/he will announce the news to their nearest and dearest by describing themselves thus: "You are now looking at the ..." (new partner in the law firm, or tenured professor, or CEO at TrustTech ...).

I have never heard anybody say this, and if they did I would certainly never want to work with them.

Comment

tee rex
          promotion they've been hoping for
          Smithers Jones earworm.

Comment

At home, relaxing, everything's fine, nobody else around. Go to fridge. Open door. When you close the fridge door again, there's somebody there. Somebody scary (or comically angry).

(can happen with other doors too, but fridges are major players).

Comment

Often happens when closing a mirrored bathroom cabinet too.

Comment

Working...
              X