Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documentary Films

I don't know if this page has been mentioned before

But there are some documentaries available online well worth checking out.

The referee is a Swedish documentary about, well, being a referee. It's with English subtitles.

There's Sonicgate About the Seattle Super Sonic's move to Oklahoma

I'm not sure why The King of Kong is in the sports section but it's an interesting and weird one about Donkey Kong fanatics.

I can go on here but just browse through the page. Loads of gems. (see categories a bit down to the right on first link)

You don't have to worry if it says "part 1", as soon as a part reaches the end it continues to play the next.

Documentary Films

'King of Kong' has been on my Amazon wishlist for the past year. Thanks for that.

Comment

Documentary Films

Glad to help.
      I saw it about a year or so ago.
      I love documentaries which are not about spectacular events or world famous people.

I watched Charlie Brooker’s Gameswipe yesteday about the history of video games. It's in the comedy section, but I didn't see the comedy. Am not sure how famous he is in UK but what a dullard trying so hard to be funny and failing spectacularly.

Comment

Documentary Films

Charlie Brooker can be great as sometimes seen on his various wipes, but the over reliance on knob gags made me hate the guy and now I actively avoid anything with his name on.

Great site BTW, the Tetris doc is well worth a watch, a fascinating convoluted story about one of the greatest videogames.

Comment

Documentary Films

For those in the UK there are more and more great documentaries on the BBC 4 archive

Comment

Documentary Films

Thanks for the link to the Martin Hansson documentary, it was really interesting. English subtitles were rubbish though, but I was OK with that, I'm able to pick up most of the Swedish now. Except sometimes when they speak bloody Rikssvenska. I'm best at understanding Skånska.

I don't think anybody in Ireland really blames or remembers Hansson at all. Henry and FIFA are the main hate figures.

Comment

Documentary Films

Am looking forward to Rich Hill

Comment

Documentary Films

Guessing it's similar to American Winter (full version here), which was very good.

Comment

Documentary Films

Chris Rock's Good Hair documentary was very good. It was an investigation of the black haircare and hairdressing industry.

Comment

Working...
                  X