Incredibly important question for our New Zealand posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredibly important question for our New Zealand posters

My wife wants to know if there's going to be another season of Brokenwood. She (and I) love it...

There have been seven so far, with the latest having been broadcast in around April. It is really good, though Seasons 5 and 6 were getting a bit too much like Midsomer Tories Killing Tories Murders, with ever-more grotesque killings and contrived motives.

Comment

How do you pronounce "bad egg"?

Comment

They've used up all the murders in NZ (a bit like Bergerac discovering an extraordinary body count in the Channel Islands).

G-Man must be ahead of us, because the 7th season is only starting now.

Comment

Oh frabjous day. My wife will be delighted. And I won't be upset either...

Comment

On further investigation, it seems that Brokenwood is significantly more homicidal than either Midsomer or Jersey, given that the NZ town has a population of only around 5,000. The English fictional county and the real Channel island have many more inhabitants and the law-abiding majority should not be besmirched.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
              G-Man must be ahead of us, because the 7th season is only starting now.
              It's a remarkably good season. The first two episodes are okay, but then it really picks up. The final episode, #6, is an outstanding bit of TV, by any measure.

Comment

Speaking of New Zealand TV, I've been enjoying Wellington Paranormal. Basically X-Files meets What We Do In The Shadows (Waititi and Clement are behind it, so no surprise there).

Comment

Working...
                X