Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Star Wars Day 2021

May the Force be with you all.

I was going to upload a cartoon I saw that made me chuckle but the photo uploader seems impervious to my Jedi mind tricks.

A new Star Wars cartoon arrives on Disney Plus today. It's about the Bad Batch, a squad of clone troopers who make it through the Clone Wars. I will probably watch it but I'm not super excited by it tbh.

Comment

(Got it to work, hurrah!)

Comment

I mentioned on the seaside thread that they're filming the next spinoff series (a prequel to Rogue One about laddy out of that) on Cleveleys seafront. Cue lots of jokes about "a more wretched hive of scum and villainy", etc.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ben_espn/status/1388141668898066442

Comment

That looks to be drifting perilously close to Holiday Special territory to me, but I don't celebrate the day so anything that brings people happiness is good, obviously.

Comment

I went to Star Wars Night at Fenway Park in 2016 and got a little statue giveaway thing.
              Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 04-05-2021, 08:58.

Comment

Oh Jeez, please don't say it...

Comment

I remember the letter sent into Viz asking "Star Wars fans. Do you think Chewbacca is hung like a donkey, or has he got one of those lipstick ones like a Jack Russell terrier? George Lucas won't reply to my e-mails."
                  Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 04-05-2021, 10:28.

Comment

I'll celebrate with a nice marathon...

Spaceballs, Starchaser: The Legend Of Orin, Battle Beyond The Stars, Starcrash... yeah, that'll do.

Comment

Is today the day that I should subject my partner to the prequels for the first time? They watched the original as a kid, and, due to my influence, completed the original trilogy and the recent trilogy. My lack of enthusiasm for the prequels hasn't previously sold them, but perhaps May 4th will...

Comment

Yeah definitely. Triple bill. It's the only way to watch them.

Comment

I chickened out. We started watching the Mandalorian instead, got through the first two episodes and it was enjoyable enough, the time flew by. Can't say it's amazing, but we'll definitely continue with it.

Comment

It's the day after Star Wars Day - it's the Revenge of the 5th!

Comment

The prequels suffered a bit from "we all know how it ends", but mostly from "introduce new and completely superfluous characters". Christopher Lee and Samuel L Jackson should have been scrapped at the drawing board stage. Even Jar Jar Binks wasn't as dreadful as either of their characters. Oh, and having little orphan Anakin building C-3PO out of meccano was a worse crime against plotholes than Luke snogging Leia.
                              Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 05-05-2021, 11:25.

Comment

Um. I don't think they would be most obvious targets for scrapping.

Comment

The Bad Batch is alright. I’d rather they do a sequel to Rebels, but I guess that’s where Mando is going and this is kind of a Rebels prequel so that’s ok.

Comment

I watched the opening instalment of the Bad Batch last night and I was underwhelmed. The problem with locating another story where it is in the timeline is that we know the bigger story arc. Whereas things are a bit more open with the New Republic era.

Comment

Working...
                                    X