Basil Brush is trending on Twitter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basil Brush is trending on Twitter...

...but, thankfully, he isn't dead; nor, as someone pointed out, is he another 70s nonce. He was a contestant on The Chase. Phew.

If any puppet or cartoon character were to have a shady past, which one would it be? Peter Perfect seems to me an obvious candidate.

Comment

Emu or Sweep

Comment

I never trusted Big Bird.

Comment

I reckon Roland Rat had a criminal record. Low level property crime and drugs offences in his younger days, nothing too hair raising.

Comment

Andy Pandy. A total wrong un that one.

Comment

Teddy Edward and Snowy Toes look like they'd know how to handle themselves in a fight.

Here they are arranging a big shipment in Kathmandu.

Comment

Cuddles the Monkey would clearly have some non-disclosure agreements and compensation settlements in his past.

Comment

Edd The Duck - vandalism, shoplifting, a bit of arson as well. Also grassed up Wilson the butler for embezzlement.

Comment

George, Bungle and Zippy. The whole house was a bit dodge.

Comment

Any of the Animal Kwackers.

I was way too old to be watching, but they wuz scary, man.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                        George, Bungle and Zippy. The whole house was a bit dodge.
                        George - selling knock off merchandise
                        Bungle - indecent exposure
                        Zippy - cleans as a whistle, stand up citizen (until 2016 when he voted Brexit and later became a Covid denialist on Twitter)

Comment

Hartley Hare was a fence for stolen goods.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                            Teddy Edward and Snowy Toes look like they'd know how to handle themselves in a fight.

Here they are arranging a big shipment in Kathmandu.
                            I'd completely forgotten about Teddy Edward.

But now I'm wondering how they got that photograph, in the pre-digital age. It looks like somebody went to a lot of trouble.

Comment

And to satisfy my own curiosity, it turns out that the photos for the books (I had at least one as a pre-schooler) really were taken on location by the authors, Patrick and Mollie Matthews. Even in the Himalaya. The later BBC TV series also went on location, but not as far afield.

Comment

Gordon The Gopher was tried for treason but with no-one but an absent Schofield able to understand a word he said in the dock, the case was dismissed.

Comment

Meanwhile, key witness Sieve-Face failed to show in court at all, later reports suggesting that he was spotted that evening in the BBC canteen straining four pounds of string beans.

Comment

Working...
                                  X