X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duff sequels unrelated to the original movie

I'll start

Exorcist II

The very film I thought of when I read the thread title. Whereas Exorcist III is not only a direct sequel but imo better than the original.

Comment

Comment

Oh come, they've usually some connection with the original.

Even Tremors managed some continuity.

Comment

There have been a number of direct-to-video garbage sequels with none of the original cast including sequels to Mean Girls, Inside Man and Blue Crush.

Comment

My heart leapt for a moment when I saw the box for the Mean Girls "sequel" in HMV a few years ago, and then sank again when I inspected it found that not only was there no-one at all from the original in it, but there wasn't even anyone whose name I recognised. I mean, even the worst films usually have someone, even it's someone weirdly obscure.

Comment

Originally posted by My Name Is Ian View Post
              . I mean, even the worst films usually have someone,
              You clearly do not watch enough bad movies.

Comment

Those two nonsense films that were supposed to be the sequels to The Blair Witch Project. (Which as a stand-alone obviously was great.)

Comment

Hmmm. I recall sneering and scoffing through the snot caked piss poor acted original with my baked mates, even though we were half starved of undubbed cinema fare.

Comment

Caddyshack 2 is supposedly terrible and mostly about the unfunny gopher puppet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                      Hmmm. I recall sneering and scoffing through the snot caked piss poor acted original with my baked mates, even though we were half starved of undubbed cinema fare.
                      Quite a few folk did - some former work colleagues mithered that it wasn’t ‘gory enough’ or some equally irrelevant sh*t - but they, like others, were missing the point by a country mile.

Comment

The Magnificent Seven Ride is currently on ITV4.

Comment

Working...
                        X