Willo the wisp Pigeon Street
    Ivor the Engine
    Danger Mouse
    Super Ted
    Captain Pugwash

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
      Doctor Who
      so we're not doing cartoons in this thread?

I remember enjoying rent a ghost but I don't remember the program itself.
      There's no rigid rule set, but there is a top ten animated series thread and I didn't want to tread on any toes...

Comment

Just me for Mr. Pastry and Leslie Crowther era Crackerjack CRACKERJACK! then...

Comment

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
          Another one for the early Saturday mornings - Pugwall. An Australian programme about a teenager wanting to become famous by starting a band.
          Thanks a bunch for that unwanted earworm - "keyboards and me and my guitar", indeed - yeah, you need to play them loud to drown out your weak, warbly voice.

That was on Channel 4, wasn't it? In the days when they actually bothered with children's shows.

Comment

Peter Unwin George Wall, turn that racquet down!

Levin, Good shouts on Danger Mouse and Pigeon Street, the later had great music as I recall, kind of reggae inspired wasn't it.

Comment

Noggin The Nog

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

Thanks a bunch for that unwanted earworm - "keyboards and me and my guitar", indeed - yeah, you need to play them loud to drown out your weak, warbly voice.

That was on Channel 4, wasn't it? In the days when they actually bothered with children's shows.
                Since I remembered it, I've been humming the Sharky and George theme tune non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                  Noggin The Nog
                  +1

All the Oliver Postgate / Peter Firmin shows were great. Ivor the Engine is my favourite of them. There is apparently a film in development.

Comment

I started watching kids shows again when my first niece was born. Cloud Babies was good. Sarah and Duck was excellent. But niece always preferred Swashbuckle. Which was OK. The kids also like the Peter Rabbit series which was a bit mediocre imo.

Comment

Murphy's Mob and Australian series Home had the most rousing Sham-esque theme songs.

Not a purpose made children's series, but Monkey was something to look forward to when it was scheduled on BBC2 just after the actual kids TV finished.

The old and cheap schedule fillers, particularly from school holidays, stick in my mind as much as the new shows of the time; Batman, The Lone Ranger, Champion The Wonder Horse, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

+1

All the Oliver Postgate / Peter Firmin shows were great. Ivor the Engine is my favourite of them. There is apparently a film in development.
                        Of course. How could I miss these out? Similarly Batman.

Comment

I liked The Sooty Show as a small child and like it equally as an old adult. Someone put YouTube clips on twitter a few weeks ago and I was absolutely helpless with laughter at Sweep, who I now genuinely recognise as having the comic timing of Eric Morecambe.

As a slightly older child Adam West’s ‘Batman’ was unmissable - the whole look of it was like entertainment from a different, and wonderfully creative, planet.

‘The Monkees’ was a big favourite, too. A whole load of knockabout fun. I’d be curious to look back on this.

Comment

+1 for Sooty. Matthew Corbett always comes across as agreeable when I've seen him in interviews.
                            I did enjoy Rod Hull and Emu as a kid, mainly for Grotbags who 4 year old me thought hilarious.

Comment

1 Bagpuss
                              2 Knightmare
                              3 The Sooty Show
                              4 Dogtanian and the 3 Muskehounds
                              5 Superted
                              6 Ulysses 31
                              7 Wonders in Letterland
                              8 Thundercats
                              9 Huckleberry Finn and His Friends
                              10 Chock-A-Block

Comment

(Excluding all animated shows, covered in the earlier thread.)

01 Tiswas
                                02 Grange Hill
                                03 Ace of Wands
                                04 Multi-Coloured Swap Shop
                                05 Blue Peter
                                06 How?
                                07 Pop Quest
                                08 Crackerjack
                                09 Screen Test
                                10 Jossy’s Giants

Comment

Add me to Sooty.

What was Jonny Ball's program called?

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                    What was Jonny Ball's program called?
                                    Think of a Number, with other Think... variants following afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                      (Excluding all animated shows, covered in the earlier thread.)

01 Tiswas
                                      02 Grange Hill
                                      03 Ace of Wands
                                      04 Multi-Coloured Swap Shop
                                      05 Blue Peter
                                      06 How?
                                      07 Pop Quest
                                      08 Crackerjack
                                      09 Screen Test
                                      10 Jossy’s Giants
                                      I'm glad you mentioned Blue Peter. For some reason I was scared to.

Comment

It was a ‘must-watch’ when I was a wee scrabster.

But then, this was at the time of the classic triumvirate of Val, John and Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                          It was a ‘must-watch’ when I was a wee scrabster.

But then, this was at the time of the classic triumvirate of Val, John and Pete.
                                          Me too

Comment

There's so many amazing kids TV shows now. I think there's a greater understanding of what makes kids tick, on a scientific level, and programmes are generally I think getting better. Some magical programmes I've watched in recent years are Hey Duggee, Sarah & Duck and Go Jetters, all of which I'll happily watch on my own, but there's so many.

Comment

Hey Duggee is outstanding. As is Sarah and Duck.

Other ones I half-watch whilst my kids are watching are Fireman Sam, which continues to grow and grow. Pontypandy will be some modern metropolis one day. Miraculous - Ladybug and Cat Noir is almost transfixing. Teen Titans Go! which is absolutely brilliant at times. Also, Transformers Rescue Bots, which my twins watch whilst holding the toys of the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

Think of a Number, with other Think... variants following afterwards.
                                                Not forgetting ...Reveals All, which is thankfully a lot less Yewtree than the name makes it sound.

Comment

Prompted by the Hector's House mentions on the royals thread, I looked up the following ...

Magic Roundabout: 441 episodes.
                                                  Mr Benn: 14 episodes.

The latter is believable, the former blows my mind.

Comment

I've watched all the available episodes of Bluey. I like it so much I started a thread about it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X