Oh, shit on it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, shit on it!

Friday Night Dinner's Paul Ritter's died. RIP.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...box=1617702573

That is absolutely tragic.

It's remarkable how his range extended from Friday Night Dinner to Chernobyl.

Comment

RIP, and tragic indeed. His character was the funniest thing about FND imho, and he played it brilliantly. My missus did rather overstate the similarity of Martin's character to mine, mind.

Comment

Shame, only 54 too, I think he tended to play a bit older than his years.

I also enjoyed him in Vera, as a rather seedy pathologist who hinted at a sexually deviant private life, he had some great lines, delivered with glee by Ritter as per Friday Night Dinner.

Comment

Oh God. He’s like a running joke between my son and I, whenever he likens me to Martin.

It’s tragic. I didn’t realise he was younger than me. RIP an incredibly versatile actor.

Sadly, an excellent thread title. I knew straight away.

Comment

Blimey, that's awful. FND is one of the few things that we watch together as a family (my teenage daughters won't stick around with us for much). It's going to be pretty sad doing so from now on.

RIP.

Comment

Terrible news. FND is amazing as it is very much an old-style sitcom (albeit with more swearing) yet covers the generation. Firstly, my son and his mates would often be found watching it around our house as teenagers in the same manner as myself and Ray would've been watching Cheers. Then I noticed that the 11 and 12 year olds that I teach now are quoting from it.

Comment

Lots of moving tributes being paid to Ritter by people who worked closely with him. Sounds as if he was an absolutely lovely guy as well as a talented and versatile actor.

Comment

He was brilliant in FND. I'm rewatching now.

Comment

Working...
                  X