The non-celeb sibling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The non-celeb sibling

I think I recall hearing that some wag sketch-writer for some British comedy programme (perhaps the original Spitting Image) once wrote a sketch about the Attenborough brothers at home, in which the third brother. alongside national treasure ex TV-boss and naturalist David and revered film actor Richard, was apparently a binman. (In fact the third brother, John, was a successful business executive, although I suspect he would not have a Wiki entry as he does if it weren't for his fraternal links).

That status (the only non-celeb out of three siblings) seems to have been outdone by one of the children of Cyril and Maureen Cusack, who has managed to remain the only non-celeb out of 5 siblings. Actually, this may be accidentally crassly insensitive on my part, the person could have died young for all I know. But it's pretty striking to see, on the Wiki page for Maureen Cusack, that she had 5 children "including Sinead, Sorcha, Niamh and Padraig Cusack" (all with their own Wiki entries as successful actors, theatre producers or whatever, like both their parents). That's gotta hurt a bit.

Maureen Cusack - Wikipedia

Any other examples of a solitary non-celeb sibling amongst a bunch of celebs?

Elsewhere on wiki Paul Cusack is referred as a TV producer

Comment

I think that one of Ozzy Osbournes kids wanted nothing to do with the reality TV series, to the point of not appearing in it.

(I'm also reminded of the wonderful Die Clatterschkenfietermaus joke about the third Chuckle Brother

"To you..."
      "To me..."
      "To you..."
      "But what about me?")

Comment

Not TV or film, but if you're Tommy Charlton, both of your brothers won the World Cup, and four of your uncles were professional footballers and your mother's cousin was Wor Jackie Milburn.

Comment

Tommy Charlton had another brother Gordon (not a professional footballer)

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post

Prince Edward

Comment

ha ha! Gotta stick up for poor Eddie, he once passed me the salt in our college cafeteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                I think that one of Ozzy Osbournes kids wanted nothing to do with the reality TV series, to the point of not appearing in it.

(I'm also reminded of the wonderful Die Clatterschkenfietermaus joke about the third Chuckle Brother

"To you..."
                "To me..."
                "To you..."
                "But what about me?")
                The Chuckle Brothers had two older brothers who had their own comedy duo, called the Patton Brothers. Both make a number of appearances in Chucklevision. It was actually the fifth brother who didn't go into showbusiness, instead becoming a mechanic.

Comment

There’s a third Manning brother who also could have had an NFL career but blew out his knee. He’s made a nice living in petroleum, IIRC.

Comment

Slightly related, a guy from my Grad School class married Sabrina the Teenage Witch’s sister. There are eight siblings in that family though. It seems it did result in him getting an IMDb profile even though he works for an investment bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                      There’s a third Manning brother who also could have had an NFL career but blew out his knee. He’s made a nice living in petroleum, IIRC.
                      Bernard?

Comment

I think I recall hearing that some wag sketch-writer for some British comedy programme (perhaps the original Spitting Image) once wrote a sketch about the Attenborough brothers at home, in which the third brother. alongside national treasure ex TV-boss and naturalist David and revered film actor Richard, was apparently a binman. (In fact the third brother, John, was a successful business executive, although I suspect he would not have a Wiki entry as he does if it weren't for his fraternal links).

That status (the only non-celeb out of three siblings) seems to have been outdone by one of the children of Cyril and Maureen Cusack, who has managed to remain the only non-celeb out of 5 siblings. Actually, this may be accidentally crassly insensitive on my part, the person could have died young for all I know. But it's pretty striking to see, on the Wiki page for Maureen Cusack, that she had 5 children "including Sinead, Sorcha, Niamh and Padraig Cusack" (all with their own Wiki entries as successful actors, theatre producers or whatever, like both their parents). That's gotta hurt a bit.

A sketch from Spitting Image, IIRC, Sir David, Sir Richard, and Ken.

(Seriously though, according to Wikipedia their brother John headed up the British arm of Alfa Romeo)

Comment

Didn’t sort out the rust did he?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                            He’s made a nice living in petroleum, IIRC.
                            Well, oil's well that ends well.

Comment

Paul cusack was the producer of Fair City (the RTE Soap opera) until his retirement in 2009. He was definitely in the family business. There was another cusack called Catherine, who was the daughter cyril had with his london Mistress, who he married after the death of his wife. Catherine was in Corrie for a while, among a few other things. She was conceived, around about the time Cyril was forcing Sinead to go into a mother and Baby home, to give up the child that would go on to be Richard Boyd Barrett. There must have been some tension around the dinner table.

RBB would go on TV after the mother and child report came out to angrily argue that it was wrong to attribute this to societal attitudes at the time, and that it was the Church and the govt that were responsible and the poor that suffered, which I've got to say left me scratching my head.

Comment

I know Martin Bashir's brother quite well - he's a local painter/decorator - and can recall a bit of mithering from him at least once about how everyone constantly asks him about his illustrious sibling.

However, given more recent events, I strongly suspect that he's happier with his own lot.

Comment

Mariah Carey is being sued by two non-famous siblings regarding stuff in her autobiography.

Comment

Working...
                                  X