A Letter from Mrs Trellis of North Wales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Letter from Mrs Trellis of North Wales

Iain Pattinson, programme consultant and writer for I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, has died.

Shit. I got a lovely email from him when I was worried that one of my jokes had been used during the show, in all honesty, as a big fan of ISIHAC I wasn't even bothered if they had but it was wonderful to get a response.

Comment

Very sad. It's such a fantastic programme I worry when original people like Iain Patterson dies, such creative talent.

Comment

One of the highlights of my life is seeing ISIHAC when Humph and (now) Tim were still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
          One of the highlights of my life is seeing ISIHAC when Humph and (now) Tim were still alive.
          Same here, it was fantastic and I will treasure the memory forever. Sitting there you realise why people laugh at the announcement of the laser display board and the empty chair for Samantha. At one point during the recording Humph said "And now I have a message for all listeners of a nervous disposition. Boo!". Best joke ever, didn't see it coming, dead pan and listening on the radio it was even funnier because I knew what was coming.

Comment

The complete ISIHAC Lionel Blair jokes, all written by Iain Pattinson...

24 minutes of filth - Humphrey Lyttelton’s Lionel Blair jokes –?as written by Iain Pattinson

Comment

Following VT's link above I learned that Lionel Blair is still alive.

Pattinson's jokes (in Lyttleton's voice) often pop into my head at inappropriate times, and of course stifling a giggle only exacerbates it. Explaining "it's just something from ISIHAC, a silly radio programme" doesn't help any. I'm just that strange guy at the meeting, blowing his nose apologetically.

RIP.

Comment

Also, I can't find an obit or news report anywhere on the BBC site. Maybe I've missed it?

Comment

Working...
                X