Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Gone Trapp

Christopher Plummer dies aged 91.

Was mulling over "so long, farewell ... " but he doesn't sing that, does he? This one's better.

He was very watchable in everything I've ever seen him in. Glad he got proper recognition late on, not just "lifetime achievement" pity gongs. RIP.

Comment

I think I remember him most for playing Wellington in "Waterloo".

Comment

One of my favourite Sherlock Holmes in the underrated Murder by Decree ​​​​​​, a great actor RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
          Was mulling over "so long, farewell ... " but he doesn't sing that, does he? This one's better.

He was very watchable in everything I've ever seen him in. Glad he got proper recognition late on, not just "lifetime achievement" pity gongs. RIP.
          An Oscar and two nominations in the last decade. He was basically the male Jennifer Lawrence.

Was it a case of people apologising for confusing him with donald sutherland for eighty years

Comment

Talking Pictures have been showing The Silent Partner, a late '70s Canadian thriller in which CP plays a sadistic bank robber tormenting Elliott Gould's crooked teller. He's very good in it.

Comment

He's bloody great in the 1987 Dragnet movie. Sounds like I'm damning him there, but I'm not. That movie is brilliant fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                I think I remember him most for playing Wellington in "Waterloo".
                I was coming to say that, he's brilliant in it. A total mess of a film, but a glorious, eminently watchable mess.

Comment

He was always good, somehow combining gravitas with humility and a dollop of charisma. I remember when my eldest daughter began watching the animated series of Madeleine, my delight on realising that Plummer was narrator. Perfect for the job.

Comment

Working...
                  X