No announcement yet.

Columbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, when he questions someone he knows not to be the perp, he usually tells them he knows they didn't do it, and sometimes tells them to get a lawyer.

I watched the episodes with John Cassavetes the other night and enjoyed it, had forgotten enough about it.

There are a few episodes where they have Columbo sort of leching a bit awkwardly, but he's just looking, there are a couple of cases of women trying to seduce him, and there are some episodes where he befriends young children, which wouldn't be seen as appropriate today. Of course he only has eyes for Mrs Columbo.

Comment

Or eye, given Falk's disability

Comment

I went to see Dirk Benedict play Columbo in a theatre in Cardiff. Stood outside the stage door for a photo afterwards. Got a photo of me and Face Man where I look incredibly excited to have my arm round his shoulders and he looks a little bit wary. I don't care.

That was a strange day. I had a job interview in the morning, had a phone call to say I'd got it, went into my current workplace and was given my redundancy notice. Then went and watched Columbo in the evening. Possibly the third most memorable day of my life.

Comment

I’d forgotten Dirk Benedict existed.

Comment

Did he not start the coffee place?

Comment

ISWYDT

Comment

I'm watching one now where the baddy (or victim, we haven't discovered yet) is George Wendt. This is the only thing I've ever seen him in apart from being Norm in Cheers.

Comment

154 credits on IMDB, he's been especially busy this century. Admittedly, most of the titles are stuff I've never heard of, or I'm not interested in.

Comment

Yo, Rogin the Armchair fan, the Little Richard one's on now.

Comment

Hmmm, he went grey very rapidly...

Comment

I watched the Johnny Cash one recently, having forgotten most of it, and it's really good.

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted before, I hadn’t seen it.

Columbo Goes to the Emmys

https://youtu.be/Q8TUSsqWCTM

Comment

I did Columbo villains in tonight's family quiz.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
                              Not sure if this has been posted before, I hadn’t seen it.

Columbo Goes to the Emmys

https://youtu.be/Q8TUSsqWCTM
                              On a similar note...

Lt. Columbo roasts Frank Sinatra

Comment

I've been on a big Columbo binge since discovering a lot of old episodes are on the Internet Archive.

It strikes me rewatching them how much this show is about class. Columbo's the blue-collar, Italian-American who's risen up the force through his wits and work ethic. He's forever having to mix with LA's elite in Hollywood and Beverly Hills, all of whom look down on him and underestimate him.

I also generally much prefer the episodes that have clever, complicated murder plots. As opposed to bludgeoning someone with a giant 1970s glass ashtray.

Anyway, my favourites:

Any Old Port in a Storm (with Donald Pleasance)
                                Murder by the Book (with Jack Cassidy)
                                Negative Reaction (with Dick van Dyke)
                                Troubled Waters (with Robert Vaughn)
                                Fade in to Murder (with William Shatner)​

Comment

I see poker face is starting on Now TV, very much looking forward to the Columboesque vibes.
                                  Last edited by Lang Spoon; 26-05-2023, 14:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                    I'm watching one now where the baddy (or victim, we haven't discovered yet) is George Wendt. This is the only thing I've ever seen him in apart from being Norm in Cheers.
                                    MASH, where he was the marine who had a pool ball stuck in his mouth?

Comment

Working...
                                    X