79 down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 down

If Michael Apted had done nothing else, the 7 Up series would have been a remarkable legacy. Obviously he did plenty more besides.

It was, in a strange way, "family viewing", in that my mum and I would predict what had happened over the seven year interval and place figurative bets. Although I was intrigued by the series I also remember feeling very grateful that I wasn't in it. Watching reality unfold and dreams drift away was too painful.

Sorry tee rex, replied on the other thread as it was the first I saw.

Comment

Ditto.

Apologies TR.

Comment

That's OK. Having two threads seems quite a fitting metaphor, judging by some of the headlines: "Bond movie director dies ..." - well, yes. Kids on the subs' desk again, don't know their black and white telly.

Comment

RIP. Wonderful documentary series, Up.

Probably not the time or place for a digression on the question of whether, if it started now, you would be allowed to call the first episode 7 Up in this more IP-litigation conscious age.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
            RIP. Wonderful documentary series, Up.

Probably not the time or place for a digression on the question of whether, if it started now, you would be allowed to call the first episode 7 Up in this more IP-litigation conscious age.
            Was 7Up (drink) even a thing in the UK in 1964?

Comment

If it wasn't then the title choice of the documentary was a hell of a coincidence.

Comment

Working...
              X