"No disintegrations!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"No disintegrations!"

Jeremy Bulloch who wore the Boba Fett outfit in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi has died, aged 75.

I'm sure he did other stuff in his career, but latterly he was a regular fixture on the comic fair circuit signing photos of Boba.

Pretty sure a newsreader on 6Music earlier this morning pronounced his name as "Bolloch". Which was unfortunate.

Comment

Boba Fett was a space bailiff. An intergalactic ticket inspector. A TV licence detector van driver in constant orbit. Fuck the tin can little grass. Being slowly digested over a thousand years was too good for him, imho. I wish he'd got stuck in one of Jabba's armpit jowls, and suffocated to death in the cheesy haze of an airconless desert planet summer.

I'm sorry the fella who pretended to be him on telly is dead though.

Comment

He was a bounty hunter.
        He wasn’t digested. He escaped. That’s why he’s in The Mandalorian. But with the guy who played his dad in the prequels, not Jeremy Bulloch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
          He was a bounty hunter.
          He wasn’t digested. He escaped. That’s why he’s in The Mandalorian. But with the guy who played his dad in the prequels, not Jeremy Bulloch.
          He was a sneaky rat. A dirty little bosses' man. And he only escaped because his merchandise sold well. The only good characters in Star Wars are Chewbacca and R2-D2.

Comment

I never got the love for a character that appears for a grand total of 30 seconds and then gets eaten. But then Star Wars fandom leaves me cold anyway.

He was also in two Bond films.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

He was a sneaky rat. A dirty little bosses' man. And he only escaped because his merchandise sold well. The only good characters in Star Wars are Chewbacca and R2-D2.
              So much wrong there except the part about the merchandise. It was just too good of a character design for him to go out like a bitch that way.

He was a small business owner/gangster just trying to get by in a cruel galaxy. He had a rough childhood.
              https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Boba_Fett

Comment

His only line in ROTJ was "Jedi Scum", iirc. Which, you know, is worth debating.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

So much wrong there except the part about the merchandise. It was just too good of a character design for him to go out like a bitch that way.

He was a small business owner/gangster just trying to get by in a cruel galaxy. He had a rough childhood.
                  https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Boba_Fett
                  Woody Harrelson had a difficult childhood. He turned into a much loved star of the big screen, not a Star Nause. I appreciate the defence you're putting up for Boba Fet, but that small-time snitch doesn't deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                    His only line in ROTJ was "Jedi Scum", iirc. Which, you know, is worth debating.
                    The Mandalorians have beef with the Jedi. They're always at it, like honey badgers and hyenas. If hyenas were boring hippies who could do telekinesis and other Derren Brown stage show shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                      I never got the love for a character that appears for a grand total of 30 seconds and then gets eaten. But then Star Wars fandom leaves me cold anyway.

He was also in two Bond films.
                      Wait, what? That's amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Woody Harrelson had a difficult childhood. He turned into a much loved star of the big screen, not a Star Nause. I appreciate the defence you're putting up for Boba Fet, but that small-time snitch doesn't deserve it.
                        I'm sure if Boba Fett had been mentored by actors rather than criminals, it would have gone better for him too.

I don't get where he was a snitch. He was a paid thug for Jabba, which is how he got the Han Solo contract, and he was happy to work with the empire when his business interests aligned with their, um, imperial interests.

But he didn't betray anybody who was trusting him. Nobody trusted him.

Lando was the snitch in that scenario. I feel like everyone has given him too much of a free pass for all of that.

And there wasn't anything small-time about Boba Fett. He was Jabba's go-to guy and Jabba was like the Vito Corelone of that part of outer rim. He wasn't made, but he was his top guy for that kind of work.

Not a good guy though. I'm not sure how his story line in Mando is going to redeem him. They seem to be suggesting that he has some kind of code of ethics or, perhaps, the experience with the sarlacc convinced him to adopt one.

I'm not sure who designed his costume, but the awesomeness of the helmet is why the clones and Mandalorians were a big part of the animated series and why there's a Mandalorian show now that has taken over the whole franchise. Lucas originally had more planned for him, but then abandoned all of that when he decided to make just six rather than 12(!) films. The merch people convinced him to rethink his rethink.

*They worked out a deal that the empire would help capture Solo for him so they could test out the carbonite process and that would draw Luke to Bespin where Vader planned to put him on ice and take him to the Emperor. That seems like a needlessly convoluted plan, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                          Wait, what? That's amazing.
                          He was also in an early Doctor Who adventure – if I remember rightly, 'The Space Museum', with the First Doctor (William Hartnell) back in circa 1964.

Just checked, and it was indeed that story, though 1965. And I'd forgotten he returned for a later adventure too, and a much more remembered one in general: 1973/74's 'The Time Warrior', the debut story of both the Sontarans and Sarah Jane Smith – and, indeed of the show's famous 'time tunnel' opening credits and accompanying 'diamond' logo. It also featured June Brown (EastEnders' Dot Cotton) as one of the medieval nobles who have to put up with an alien in their castle.
                          Last edited by Various Artist; 19-12-2020, 18:08.

Comment

Working...
                          X