No announcement yet.

Hugh Grant - worst actor of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those do set a high bar. Of course to win your bet you'd have to watch the movies.

Comment

Music and Lyrics has just become one of my favourite films. I resisted it because the subject was a bit close to home when it came out.
      Love it and love HG in it

Comment

I watched it again a couple of months ago, and enjoyed it very much. It's full of cheese -- the finale! -- but it's also a charming movie. Oddly, there are moments in it when Grant is very much not charming at all.

Also saw A Very English Scandal, at last, yesterday. Grant is magnificent in it.

Comment

Netflix's 'Death to 2020', essentially a review of 2020, is pretty bland but I think it's elevated by Hugh Grant's brief interjections as an English academic.

I have a close friend who worked as a hotelier in Abu Dhabi at one of the more prominent properties.

He has a few good stories about the times when Hugh came to stay most of which relate to his propensity to drink far too much.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't think the celebification of the -Wipe format did Death to 2020 any favours, but Grant's character was probably the best. Kudrow's was OK, but the joke wore thin pretty quickly.

Comment

I've just read this thread from first post to last in one go, and no one's managed a nomination for the title of worst actor which deserves any consideration at all alongside Benjm's early shout for Steven Seagal.

To those who've suggested Nicolas Cage, I can only implore you to watch Adaptation, which reveals that he is in fact a very able actor indeed who's been in an alarmingly high number of atrocious films.

Comment

He also did Raising Arizona, which is fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                  Re. Hugh being in a taxi when he was caught with a woman being paid to provoke his arousal - I've no idea why I always thought he was in a cab. You're right, it makes no sense at all. Bet I know what expression he was wearing when the cops caught them at it, though...
                  Genuine LOL moment there.

Comment

The original post misspelled "Richard E"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      an alarmingly high number of atrocious films.
                      All those alimonies, castles and trilobite fossils don't pay for themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X