The YouTube forest of weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The YouTube forest of weirdness

That somewhat well-known phenomenon where YT gets on the dmt and starts recommending some out-there stuff.
    I had it happen on Sunday, and I was curious whether anybody else travelled down the rabbit hole?

Another random video seemingly recommended for no reason:

This is part of a series where two guys recreated old Garfield comic strips. This is partially what the internet was invented for, I feel

Last edited by Mr Delicieux; 02-12-2020, 09:27. Reason: Added info

Comment

Comment

Yes, it was just what I was thinking of watching... thanks?

Comment

His heart really wasn't in it

Comment

Also, shout out to YouTube for recommending a video of the 9/11 attacks from the various perspectives of the local news channels covering the story in New York, that's just what I want to watch in this pandemic, that'll cheer me up.
            (Yes I watched it, yes I can link it if you'd like)

Comment

Comment

I love some of these, and will no doubt, now that I've watched them, get some weird stuff appearing in my youtube recommendations.

Comment

Yes, some absolute crackers in there. I especially liked the recreation of the mummy's reaction to stubbing it's toe on a piece of ill-placed furniture.

Comment

It's Jordy Laforge!

Comment

Since getting into building RC cars, YouTube has shown that once again, whatever your hobby may be there are millions of people far more obsessed than you. Do I want to watch your speed test of a Tamiya DT03 with brushless motor? If you insist.

Almost exclusively men, of course. Many with beards, baseball caps or paunches, often in combination.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                        Since getting into building RC cars, YouTube has shown that once again, whatever your hobby may be there are millions of people far more obsessed than you. Do I want to watch your speed test of a Tamiya DT03 with brushless motor? If you insist.

Almost exclusively men, of course. Many with beards, baseball caps or paunches, often in combination.
                        My dad has gotten way into watching model train youtube. He was into that as a kid and a little bit when we were kids, but not so much now. And yet he really likes to see other people's layouts, mostly in Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Delicieux View Post
                          Yes, it was just what I was thinking of watching... thanks?
                          Think about the complexity of the technology that made that possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

There is a remote control car racing circuit in the park next to my parents house. During the summer (in normal years) there are races every weekend, with the average racer having a tent or gazebo containing so much equipment and spares that it suggests their car must have Tardis-like properties. A few are accompanied by wives and/ or children, all of whom look incredibly bored.

Comment

Luckily my kids are young enough that taking the Grasshopper and the Lunchbox Mini for a bash round the park is still exciting.

Comment

I think the boredom comes when you get dragged to circuits for six hours or so every Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                  Yes, some absolute crackers in there. I especially liked the recreation of the mummy's reaction to stubbing it's toe on a piece of ill-placed furniture.
                                  Standing on a piece of lego, surely?

Comment

When my dad used to play golf in Singapore we sometimes came to meet him afterwards in the club, which had a huge basement room laid out with the most gigantic scalectrix landscape which I would watch for ages. I was only 4, so maybe it wasn't as gigantic as all that

Comment

It begins again

Comment

Comment

That opening line.
                                          Is this real? I can't get on the site that sells them, well i can for all of a second, but then it redirects me back to the search engine page.

Comment

I'm going to repurpose this thread as somewhere to share funny shit I've seen on YouTube.

Comment

Comment

has that cat had eye embiggening surgery?

Comment

Peta would have been all over that, TAB.

I thought it only fair to share the first 'out there' video I had the pleasure of watching.
                                                  People of all stripes, I present to you, He Man (not really) with his rendition of 4 non blondes 'what's up?'
                                                  taking a hit and making it special.

Last edited by Mr Delicieux; 19-02-2021, 00:26.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X