This is the way to the Mandalorian thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the way to the Mandalorian thread

I love this show so much so let's give it it's own thread.

Season 2, Episode 4 or Chapter 12 as it's known came out on Disney Plus today.

Now we know why the Empire was looking for the Child. Anyone else catch the term "M-Count"? Pretty sure I know what the M is for.

Loved the schoolroom snack stealing.

I haven't started season 2 yet. I thought Season 1 was kind of boring and disappointing on the whole, but the final episode was fantastic. I didn't like the prison break episode, but the part with Bill Burr (WTF? that bit of stunt casting was too much for me) in the flashing lights in the red hallway was great.

Comment

Does the m stand for medichlorian?

For the longest time, I was confused by the title - the mandalorian. Had it got anything to do with medichlorians, I mused. If so, I would be giving it a wide berth. However, I now have access to Disney plus and my son was keen for me to watch it with him (he's already seen them all already) and he assured me that it wasn't anything to do with medichlorians so I took the plunge and we've just finished the first series. I'm with Inca, I'm afraid, Patrick. It just didn't hold my interest. Ten year old me would have loved it though As I said on the other thread, it's great to see my son getting into star wars, as I did when I was about his age. He's now burning his way through all of the clone wars cartoons.

Disney plus does seem to have lots of stuff worth investigating though. At the moment I'm really enjoying The world according to Jeff goldblum.

Comment

I enjoyed the first season but I think the second season has been better even though we are only halfway through. The first, third and fourth episodes have all been consistently good.

But, yes, I think you've cracked the code for "M".

Comment

Indeed. It all ties into cloning Palpatine.

Comment

His name is Grogu

Comment

He was a showgirl...

Comment

That was a great episode. Grogu's back story. Asoka Tano searching for Grand Admiral Thrawn. I'm flipping loving this.

Comment

I hope Bo Katan and Asoka Tano appear again.

Comment

I imagine there is going to be some kind of climactic end of season episode that sees Bo-Katan try to reclaim Mandalore (again), possibly assisted by Asoka, and the Mandalorian is drawn in because they're fighting Gideon. The question is does Gideon work for Thrawn or are they competing for the Child. A war between imperial factions would be better story-wise, I think. It could transpire that the Imperials who originally hired the Mandalorian to track the Child were working for Thrawn which is why Gideon wiped them out in the bar attack.

Comment

Comment

I wasn't that bothered about the first season. I don't really like westerns anyway and I couldn't really figure out what or who it was for.
                        The second season is noticeably better apart from the stupid frog episode. Can't decide whether Asoka was how I imagined or not.

Comment

It’s for people who like westerns, samurai films and Star Wars.

Comment

I genuinely enjoy this (mostly), and it's become good family together time because of baby green.

But I also am very worried that the closer it drifts towards existing lore (particularly film, but also the animated series lore), the worse it is going to be. Hint at all of that, but a self-contained show in the Star Wars world but not touching the (often terrible) storyline suits me much better. (M-counts... Palpatine cloning... blech.)

When the family stops the show and says 'who is that' (Thrawn - never mentioned in the films)... that feels like a problem. On the other hand, it worked alright for Marvel plots (mostly).

Comment

You don’t have to know who Thrawn is to understand The Mandalorian. It makes it more interesting, but it will all be as fully explained as it needs to be in due time.

I don’t have an issue with the midichlorians. George Lucas wanted to connect microbiology and the Force and I’m fine with that. It stands to reason that Force-sensitive people would have a specific biomarker, but I don’t like the idea that it’s all genetic.

There’s talk that they’ll give Asoka Tano her own show to continue the storylines from the end of Rebels. That would make more sense than to try to use The Mandalorian to tie up those loose ends.

Comment

Wow. I guess if you're going to bring a character back from the dead, you may as well bring two.

Another fab episode.

Comment

Final episode of the series came out today. It packed an emotional punch at the end.

This show has been my highlight of the year.

Comment

There's an important post-credit scene.

[SPOILER]
                                    I was kinda disappointed that it turned out to be CGI Luke, although that actually makes perfect sense in the story. He was the top Jedi around at that time and we know from the recent sequels that he was training new Jedi, so it would not have made sense for him to somehow not be involved in Grogu's training.

But I was hoping that it was going to be Asoka Tano or perhaps Ezra.

I guess the announced Asoka spin-off series will include Ezra and Sabine. And Thrawn.
                                    Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 18-12-2020, 22:47.

Comment

I saw the post credits scene. Very excited.

If there is a third series of The Mandalorian then I think it will focus on Mando helping Bo-Katan take back Mandalore. They've left the bit with the Darksaber open ended. I would love them to bring Sabine into that storyline. But I could see that being part of an Ashoka series.

Comment

Comment

It was only the appearance of Luke that made me realise where this fits in the timeline.
                                          I've watched all the films but I'm nowhere near as nerdy about it as you guys appear to be. No offence, like.
                                          So is Boba Fett a Mandalorian or not?

Comment

Boba's "Dad", Jango, was a foundling raised by the Mandalorians, and Boba was his clone so the answer is both yes and no. His armour is coded to him, but Bo-Katan's sidekick was rude to him about his heritage.

Comment

As it is with so many real-world nationalities, who is and who isn’t a Mandalorian is open to dispute among those who identify as such.

Comment

Like "Anglo-Saxon" British, then.

Comment

We'd missed the post-credits scene so a very handy heads up. My youngest is a Star Wars canon expert and had placed the series in the timeline for us. One of his Christmas presents is a rather impressive book of art-work from the series..

Comment

Working...
                                                  X