Doctor Who pocket guide quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whilst Googling for pictures of Skagra from Shada, I came across a phenomenally impressive page that purported to detail, story by story, every object that the Doctor produced from his pockets.

So here's the deal. Ten lists of pocket contents, ten stories (all from the classic series). But which ones?

1. A yellow yo-yo, a pink toothbrush. The Seeds Of Doom

2. A pocketknife, a hammer, a set of small wire cutters, and a mysterious object which looks vaguely like a walkie-talkie but behaves more like a screwdriver, and which seems to have a retractable part (The Doctor appears to wind it around a box over a door, then twist it and break something off - what this accomplishes is unclear, but it seems to unlock said door). He also has other objects bulging his pockets or jutting out of them, and at one point he even slips a metal cup, full of some beverage, into them. The Power Of Kroll

3. A leather-bound notebook, a mechanical pencil, a metal rod that emits a buzzing sound to jam listening devices, a cricket ball, a magnifying glass, a piece of string, his Panama hat and the sonic screwdriver. Four To Doomsday

4. At least nine oddly-shaped alien coins (red, green, bronze and gold, with red, bronze or gold markings), a pocketknife, a pair of half-moon spectacles and possibly a tool with a black wedge-shaped handle. Planet Of Fire

5. A bottle of breathing tablets, a piece of chocolate wrapped in white paper, a handkerchief, his monocle. The Web Planet

6. A handkerchief, something like smelling salts, a brown bag of what could be jelly babies, an expandable telescope, a radiation detector on a chain, some kind of writing implement (like chalk, but softer - perhaps a crayon?) and the sonic screwdriver. The Dominators

7. A green handkerchief, a leather-bound notepad with pen, a flexible wire-like steel file with a loop at one end which magically vanishes between cuts, a bronze coin (for testing heights) and the sonic screwdriver. Carnival Of Monsters

8. A silver flashlight, a pocketwatch, something like an oilcan, a black cat half-face mask, a plush brown teddy bear with a red bow and ribbon, and a white bag of hard stick candies. The Mysterious Planet

9. A device which detects time-travel technology, a white handkerchief, at least two coins, a black ball containing unspooling wire, a red handkerchief with white dots, and a small tool which may be a screwdriver. Mark Of The Rani

10. A light blue hanky with a knot in it, a white bag of jelly babies, a gold clockwork egg timer, a pocket mirror, a coin (for throwing at electrified walls) and the sonic screwdriver. Face Of Evil

"I came across a phenomenally impressive page that purported to detail, story by story, every object that the Doctor produced from his pockets. "

Did I mention that I love the internet?

Comment

It's one guess for each question, by the way. Is anyone up to beating the plumber?

Comment

So, I guess for it to work, people should PM me their answers a la G-Man's 'bits and pieces' quizzes.

Comment

I can just picture the fact that King Mob has got every single one of these items lining the shelves in his study.

Comment

What a great quiz.

Right, without looking at any other replies, I reckon:

Comment

Perhaps this is harder than I thought - PG scores a not especially impressive 3. He knows his Davison, I'll give him that.

Answers by the end of the day, if anyone wants to have a go before then.

Comment

Ooh, that's tough. Thought I was good for five at least.

Anyway, just sent another PM. Reckon I know what number 1 is.

Comment

PM replied

Comment

He also has other objects bulging his pockets or jutting out of them, and at one point he even slips a metal cup, full of some beverage, into them.
                    A bit of a giveaway there. That must be from David Stone era Who.

Comment

Well, the answers are up. Sorry to say, that no-one else was up for the challenge.

You people. I mean, we're talking basic Who knowledge here.

Comment

Oh yeah, almost forgot - the page in question

The Doctor's Gadgets

Comment

Working...
                        X