Enola Holmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enola Holmes

Not a film that is likely to feature highly on Henry Cavill's CV, but an entertaining enough way to pass two hours, even if more directed towards a teen audience, and Millie Bobbie Brown does a perfectly respectable RP English accent.

Just watched this. Had debate with husband about whether there would have been Jujitsu clubs for women in 1884. Ended in me finding out about the fascinating life of Edith Margaret Garrud who trained suffragette bodyguards: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_Margaret_Garrud

Comment

Weirdly this evening I was watching a repeat of Insert Name Here on Dave, in which Garrud's jujitsu lessons were mentioned.

Comment

I thought it was a good wheeze, MBB does a very good breaking of the 4th wall.

Comment

I was expecting this post to be from someone else...an OTFer's daughter makes an appearance in this film. I just can't remember who, since I saw them talking about it on Facebook.

Comment

Millie Bobbie Brown does a perfectly respectable RP English accent.
            She ought to be able to. She's English (although born in Spain to English parents.)

Comment

Watched this tonight. Thought it was great. Millie Bobby Brown really carried it and I noticed she had a producer credit too.

Recognised the train station (Keighley) and reckon I've been in that carriage in the shed where all the film rolling stock is kept.

Comment

Working...
              X