Billy Childish film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billy Childish film

My friend Graham Bendel has made this and it's available NOW for the next two weeks to watch online:

https://www.docnrollfestival.com/doc...ldish-is-dead/

I'm a big fan of his various projects. I don't know how often he has toured the US with his various bands but I only remember one time at a one-off venue in Hollywood and the show was sold out.

Comment

He has drastically cut down on live performing recently, only playing a couple of shows a year, if that. His standing as a painter has risen which may have given him a degree of financial security.

I like his music but don't bust a gut to keep up with everything that he does. He often says that he's more interested in the process of making stuff than the results which kind of puts me off investing in the results. Marc Riley usually features BC's new projects on his show. They generally sound good but you know that there'll be another one along in a month or two.

Just checked and the 25 Years Of Being Childish compilation on Damaged Goods, which contains most of the core of his live sets, came out in 2002 so is only a couple of years shy of needing a 45 Years... update.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
        I like his music but don't bust a gut to keep up with everything that he does. He often says that he's more interested in the process of making stuff than the results which kind of puts me off investing in the results. Marc Riley usually features BC's new projects on his show. They generally sound good but you know that there'll be another one along in a month or two.
        The output quantity is stunning. I love the sound, but the sounds don't really change much. I would recommend this comp:
        https://www.discogs.com/Thee-Headcoa...9/master/58680

Of course, none of this has anything to do with the film. I saw something on Youtube recently that I think was from BBC. It was a mix of interviews about music and about his paintings.

Comment

I haven't watched the film yet! I need to work out how to watch it on the telly rather than MacBook. I will do that tonight.

I've loved Graham's other works and I'm a fan of the BC.

He once called me "darling", to add to my long list of gallantries from popstars.

Comment

I knew this wasn’t new but didn’t realise it was from 2005! Still worth watching but you may already have seen it.

Comment

Working...
            X