Strictly 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strictly 2020

Complete celeb line up now announced. 12 only for a shortened slimmed down series, compared with 15 in recent seasons. But I actually know (as in, could have told you who they were/what they are known for just from their name, and probably recognise them from a photo) 4 of the 12. I'm pretty sure that a 33.33% hit rate before the series starts is a record high for me.

The ones I know: Jacqui Smith, Caroline Quentin, Bill Bailey, Nicola Adams

Adams is making headlines as half of the first same sex pairing to compete on Strictly.

Full list on the Wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strict...ng_(series_18)

Ah, did they not get Phillip Schofield to do it after all?

<Asking for Signora Rogin>

Comment

Yeah Evariste Euler Gauss, totally agree; highest hit and the same four.

Comment

Strictly normally gets filed in my "Things I really don't give a fuck about" folder, but I'd read about Nicola Adams saying she'd do it but only if she could dance with a woman, and that has piqued my interest. But not enough to watch it.

Comment

I got to five, as Ranvir Singh presented the local news for years.

Had to check that Max George wasn't the sponsor of Peterborough.

Comment

Not really my thing at all but I might watch it just to see Bill Bailey.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
              Yeah Evariste Euler Gauss, totally agree; highest hit and the same four.
              Same here.

Comment

Strictly is well past its sell by date, and is scraping the barrel even further...........

Comment

I shamefully got 5, the same core 4 as everyone plus Jamie Laing - Mrs D is a Made in Chelsea fan. He's an heir to the McVitie's biscuit fortunes. He's OK as they go, doesn't take it too seriously - in Chart Music terms, he's a twat, not a cunt.

We'll be cheering on Nicola Adams, not just from the LGBT solidarity angle, but she's also a local lass, Mrs D has met her a couple of times through work and I'm separately on nodding terms with her (estranged, allegedly physically abusive) Dad.

Comment

No one get Jason Bell who does the analysis on the BBC's NFL Show.

Comment

I did - I know 8 of them, although Maisie Smith only by her character of Tiffany Butcher in Eastenders (the wife and her soaps...).

The others I knew were Bill Bailey, Caroline Quentin, Jacqui Smith, Jamie Laing, Jason Bell, Nicola Adams and Ranvir Singh.

I don't watch Strictly though.

Comment

I'm thoroughly bored of Strictly now after seeing it 7 or 8 years running, having mildly enjoyed it for the first few years. But my wife and our daughter are still well into it, and the family bonding thing takes precedence over a critical approach.

Comment

Strictly is well past its sell by date, and is scraping the barrel even further...........
                          It's really, really not. A critical bedrock audience seem to be a stream of kids aged 6-11, for whom:
                          • none have a particularly strong sense of something being over, not least because it's mostly all new to them
                          • those kids in turn drive the parents into being fans, which creates family-buzz beyond that nuclear family
                          • It's mercifully much, much freer of the Cowell-stable programmes where certain people are clearly set up to win, so people not in the core audience don't feel like their intelligence and credulity is being prostituted
                          Strictly also makes moderate moves to keep things relevant - I can see them dropping some more ballrooms moves to allow more street and freestyle over coming years. I can see it running for years more no trouble.

Comment

Aye, all that. And it's become part of the calendar.
                            It fills the gap between when it's noticeably dark far too early and xmas, after bake off finishes.
                            I'm not bothered myself, but P likes it.

Comment

They also do a Strictly Annual every year, which means I don't need to put any thought into my niece's Christmas present.

Comment

Why do people take videos of themselves and send them to television programmes?

Comment

By the way, we've danced on the Blackpool Tower dance floor.

Comment

How would Bruno've coped without being able to fondle his fellow judges?

Comment

I admit that I took a year out last year, but this winter of all winters I think it might really serve its purpose. And I think Jason Bell really is a top bloke.

Comment

Well, the tory is obviously the first to go.

Comment

Which one's the tory?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                            By the way, we've danced on the Blackpool Tower dance floor.
                                            Me too, when I was about four, with my mum. She's got a photo of it somewhere.

Comment

My enjoyment was spoiled by having to watch Jacqui Smith pretend to be a human being. I hope she doesn't last long. The one off Eastenders will presumably be favourite, either her or somebody apparently called 'HRVY'.

Comment

Well, I also hope Jacqui Smith doesn't last long, but I'm not worried about that because she has first exit written all over her. I'm more worried about that vacuous partying twat HRVY, whose verbal output has a similar effect in our household to nails scraping down a blackboard, and who worryingly looks as if he'll probably have what it takes to stay in until the final.

All the others seem at least ok, and in some cases quite appealing.

Comment

So, every year, before any of the pairs have performed their first dance, my wife and I try to guess the ranking/exit order. Very tricky challenge, as it's often difficult to guess who will be surprisingly good or poor at dancing, and how much to adjust for possible comedy factor or for public sympathies and prejudices coming out in the public vote contribution to the results

This time I'll go public with my rash prediction: in order of exit from first exit to winner, naming just the celeb half for brevity I am predicting:

Jacqui
                                                  Jason
                                                  Bill
                                                  Ranvir
                                                  JJ
                                                  Nicola
                                                  Clara
                                                  Jamie
                                                  Hrvy
                                                  Caroline
                                                  Maisie
                                                  Max