Dogman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogman

Watched this cool little film on Netflix last night. Short...tight...interesting. Without spoilers, it's about a dog groomer in a grotty, gloomy little seaside resort town. A simple, quiet man who peddles a bit of blow to make ends meet. And then he gets too involved with the village thug / coke addict.

Italian with subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewh0lBcEb2U

I thought this was going to be about the Dogman cartoon books that my daughter likes: https://pilkey.com/series/dog-man

Half dog, half policeman, all hero!

Comment

My son absolutely loves Dog Man. It's freaking hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
        I thought this was going to be about the Dogman cartoon books that my daughter likes: https://pilkey.com/series/dog-man

Half dog, half policeman, all hero!
        I’d rather watch that. Sounds more uplifting.

Comment

You're all making a mockery of my thread!

Comment

The film is based on a true story (though freely adapted).

Some of the Roman suburbs on the coast are seriously grim,.which is not something that most people expect.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                Watched this cool little film on Netflix last night. Short...tight...interesting. Without spoilers, it's about a dog groomer in a grotty, gloomy little seaside resort town. A simple, quiet man who peddles a bit of blow to make ends meet. And then he gets too involved with the village thug / coke addict.

Italian with subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewh0lBcEb2U
                I watched this early on in lockdown and, well, I wouldn't say enjoyed it, but thought it was a good film. Bleak, but good.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post

Some of the Roman suburbs on the coast are seriously grim,.which is not something that most people expect.
                  The whole Villagio Coppola thing is fascinating.

Comment

My son also loves Dog Man

Comment

I would love a film version of the Dog Man books. The one WOM refers to doesn't really seem to be up my street at all, I'm afraid.

Comment

Who would have imagined that a thread could go sideways like this....

Comment

Both my san and daughter love Dog Man (as do I, tbf).
                          After the Captain Underpants movie (by the same author) I'm surprised that a Dog Man movie isn't in the works already.

Comment

Until such time, you and the family could enjoy the bleak and violent tale of a lonely dog groomer who...

Comment

Comment

gives you a bit of a feel Hot Pepsi...

Comment

Three of the four bedrooms in our house are mostly decorated in the kids’ Dogman drawings.

ive asked but I’m not allowed them up in the master bedroom

For kids who like Dogman I can also recommend The Phoenix comic, think it’s mail order only, but very good. The Evil Emperor Penguin is a particular favourite in our household.

Comment

I think I'll give the Phoenix a go, thanks.

Comment

Sounds good gavc23. My son loves Captain Underpants, by same author as Dog Man.

Comment

That was a very good, vicious film. Loosely based on a true story as well.

Comment

Another recommendation for the phoenix here. My son reading a weekly anthology comic gives me a Proustian rush. The fact that it arrives by post excites him greatly also.

Comment

Working...
                                          X