Fixation of hate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sits View Post
    Maybe he does hate LF, but that’s not irrational?
    Yeah, people seem to be losing the gist of this thread somewhat. I mean, I've got a list as long as your arm of actors I can't stand but I've got reasons for all of them, no matter how fatuous:

"Xenophobic"

"Not funny"

"Less brains than an empty crisp packet"

"More wooden than a branch of Oak Furniture Land"

"Smugger than Lord Fozzington Smuggley-Smuggington III, Baron of Smugsville, Smugland"

Comment

I’m going to stick up for The Holiday. It’s corny, and suffers from the same flaws as a lot of romcoms (pushes the motion that anything is better than singledom) but I quite like it, apart from every second where Jack Black is on screen and Kate Winslet has to look as though she likes him.

Eli Wallach is very watchable although it’s “ooh, you adorable little old person! I bet you have lots of stories to tell!”.

Comment

I hate Jeremy Renner's face, I hated that bomb disposal bollocks, I hated his bow and arrow shite in the fuckin Avengers, and by all accounts he's a scumbag, so for once my instincts are sound.

Comment

Michael Sheen. Acting isn't impressions.

Comment

Cumberface wearies me.

Comment

Jude Law is annoying as fuck, but he was good as an annoying as fuck supercilious knobhead in the Talented Mr Ripley. I'll always leave that film on if it's on the telly.

Comment

Not even half ten and so much hate already.

Comment

Daniel Day Lewis. Get back to cobbling and stop chewing scenery ya Intense fuck.

Comment

Anthony fucking Hopkins. Out acted by a ventriloquist's dummy back in the day. The Ham's Ham.

Comment

I love love love Mulholland Drive and Naomi Watts was amazing in it, but she's a bit crap in lots of stuff since.

Comment

Laurence Fox is constantly on screen in our home as Mrs D loves the Lewis re-runs on ITV3. Her shrug when I asked if he wasn't "cancelled" suggests she can separate art from the artist.
                        As can I, actors in general are often obnoxious idiots off screen, but he's good in that role. I don't hate James Hathaway.

Another for my list is Eddie Redmayne. Just doesn't convince me as a grown up male lead. Yes, he can act, but can't anyone else see how miscast he is in every role?

Comment

Yer one fae Amelie. Fuck the fuck off.

Comment

Oh yes to that Eddie fucker.

And Johnny Depp. Especially Johnny Depp.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                              Michael Sheen. Acting isn't impressions.
                              I liked him,but his turn in The Good Fight did a lot of damage to my view of him. Made me angry every scene he was in. I do realise that a lot of people feel he was brilliant in that part. I just thought he was doing a caricature late period Pacino.

Comment

If we're going to chuck our parents in too:

Mother - interchangeable Ian McShane and Patrick Mower.

Father - Gregory Peck. For evidence he would sumbit Captain Horatio Hornblower and promptly close the case.

There is much to be said for his argument.

Comment

Oh.

And I'd completely forgotten Hugo Weaving.

From playing Scot Douglas Jardine (although with a British public school accent) with an irritating Strine whine to channelling Larry Grayson as "mighty elf-lord of power" Elrond.

Sample quote - ooh. Look at the muck in here.

Comment

Oh, god yeah, Daniel Day Lewis. Although I think my hatred is rational and grounded in reality in that case. He’s a pompous, self-important, overly thespy, tiresome arse who only chooses to appear in the worst, most tiresome films.

Comment

For me, Jeremy Irons in the 'too fucking serious and thespy by half ' category, and then I really liked him in Watchmen.

Comment

Guy and Spoony alone could get this thread over the 10-page mark.

Comment

For me, Simon Pegg has completely obliterated all the goodwill built up by Spaced and Hot Fuzz.

Comment

I loved Bill Murray in Ghostbusters when I was 8, but really, no. Wisecracking asshole or late period sad sack, it's not working for me.
                                            Last edited by Lang Spoon; 16-08-2020, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                              For me, Simon Pegg has completely obliterated all the goodwill built up by Spaced and Hot Fuzz.
                                              A thousand times this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                I hate Jeremy Renner's face, I hated that bomb disposal bollocks, I hated his bow and arrow shite in the fuckin Avengers, and by all accounts he's a scumbag, so for once my instincts are sound.
                                                Oh yes. He looks like a cross between Russell Crowe (whom we hereby welcome to this thread) and Denis Wise's more even more stupid-looking uncle.

Comment

Again... INEXPLICABLE hatred, people. I'm finding myself agreeing with the majority of these posts but I'm starting to feel I'm gonna have to be the arbiter of this thread on Guy's behalf.

Comment

If it has to be inexplicable hatred, then I take back Will Ferrell.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X