Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV faux pas that make you go bwahahahaha

https://twitter.com/SamanthaQuek/status/1292723727331983362?s=20

It's the way the announcer completely loses his composure after whatever that is (advert? intro to a children's show? fever dream?) suddenly appears.

Comment

Yogs were a short-lived brand of children's yoghurts - almost like a precursor to Munch Bunch.

(Never understood that name. I mean who 'munches' a yoghurt?)

Comment

The Munch Bunch were around before the yogurts, I think. Maybe they were just cheaper to hire than the Mr Men.

Comment

The characters were, yes - they were created in the late seventies for a series of kids’ books.

The yoghurts that bore the name emerged during the eighties. I’m guessing the authors licensed them out inexpensively after all of the original artwork and manuscripts were destroyed in a fire (it says here).

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

It's the way the announcer completely loses his composure after whatever that is (advert? intro to a children's show? fever dream?) suddenly appears.
            I remember watching that first time around and almost literally pissing myself laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
              The characters were, yes - they were created in the late seventies for a series of kids’ books.

The yoghurts that bore the name emerged during the eighties. I’m guessing the authors licensed them out inexpensively after all of the original artwork and manuscripts were destroyed in a fire (it says here).
              Am I the only person who thinks the word Yogs sounds like a racial slur for a black Jew.

Comment

Not anymore

Comment

If you're a black Jew, you can receive different racial and/or ethnic slurs from white Jews*, white non-Jews and black non-Jews**.

*often in Yiddish.

**ethnic slurs in that case.

On the OP, I have a childish enjoyment of news anchors mangling "tax cuts". I can't really defend it and I will refrain from posting links due to the potential misogyny.

Comment

You can post all the Jeremy Hunt ones you like, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X