Muppets Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muppets Now

GIving this Disney Plus series a go. Will report back.

Well sadly that was quite tedious. Each bit went on too long.

Comment

I saw a clip of Kermit speaking. What a shock. He sounds like some regular guy.

Comment

Yes it's no longer Steve Whitmire voicing him.

Miss Piggy's Life Sty went on too long. The cooking section was just odd. Kermit's guide to photo bombing waa OK. The interview with Ru Paul had one joke - the constant interruptions.

I think it's true to say we didn't laugh once. Usually there's one joke that's funny enough.

Comment

In my experience, anything that has the title '...Now' or '...Today' isn't likely to be terribly good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
            In my experience, anything that has the title '...Now' or '...Today' isn't likely to be terribly good.
            I get your point but the first two things I thought of were "Apocalypse Now" and "The Day Today", both excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
              I saw a clip of Kermit speaking. What a shock. He sounds like some regular guy.
              Not Jordan Peterson, I assume

Comment

Originally posted by Tratorello View Post
                I get your point but the first two things I thought of were "Apocalypse Now" and "The Day Today", both excellent.
                Ha, yes - good point.

I was aiming at remakes/revisits, though,

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Not Jordan Peterson, I assume
                  He sounds more like Kermit than the new Kermit does.

Comment

Holy fuck, the muppet show was an ITV production, or an ATV production more specifically. I feel weak.

I fucking love the muppets. But they should let them be, this constants wringing of the last few drops of money out of the brand is undignified.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                      Holy fuck, the muppet show was an ITV production, or an ATV production more specifically. I feel weak.

I fucking love the muppets. But they should let them be, this constants wringing of the last few drops of money out of the brand is undignified.
                      Muppets Tonight was the ultimate example, even if the idea of a Rasta muppet was worth exploring.

Comment

There's a better than usual hit-rate with Muppets revivals, compared to almost anything else. Almost every other revival is universally shit. The Muppet Christmas Carol, obviously, and the Amy Adams movie The Muppets, with music by the bloke from Flight of the Conchords, already mean Muppets have done better on the revival front than, say, Arrested Development or Star Wars or Blade Runner or myriad other things...

Comment

Working...
                        X