Peter Crouch is the new Bruce Forsyth apparently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter Crouch is the new Bruce Forsyth apparently

Not sure who thought this was a good idea.
    You would expect this sort of shite on Channel 5 or ITV2, not prime time on BBC1 on a Saturday night.

That camp bloke whose Da managed Northampton is the new Bruce. To be fair to the Giraffe he's more watchable than a TV chef has-been telling people to fuck off

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
      That camp bloke whose Da managed Northampton is the new Bruce. To be fair to the Giraffe he's more watchable than a TV chef has-been telling people to fuck off

Has Mary Berry got a new series?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
        You would expect this sort of shite on Channel 5 or ITV2, not prime time on BBC1 on a Saturday night.
        It does sound like it ought to be on at 6.15 rather than 9.15. I haven't purposely checked the listings for BBC1 on Saturday nights for years. Is that the Casualty slot?

Comment

Crouch is reasonably likeable on his podcast, but this does seem to be spreading his charm a bit thin.

But perhaps he is transferable, he's become one of the few football personalities Mrs D recognises on sight, and has even joined Ian Wright (Wrighty) and Roy Keane (Keano) in having her call him by a nickname (Crouchy, unsurprisingly).

Roy Keane, sorry, Keano, would certainly have been an interesting choice for this gig.

Comment

Bruce Forsythe once said to me, and I quote, "Do you know, you're the most opinionated man I've ever met?"

Comment

Surely he said "Do you know, you're the most opinionated man I've ever met, the most opinionated man I've ever met, do you know you are?"

Comment

"...Cheap looking food processor...Fondue set, who still uses a bloody fondue set?...Dull board games...What the fuck's that supposed to be? A teddy bear? You could have fooled me..."

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                  Bruce Forsythe once said to me, and I quote, "Do you know, you're the most opinionated man I've ever met?"
                  What was the particular opinion that forced the large chinned entertainer to come to this conclusion.

Comment

Clearly unimpressed by GPs dismissal of Baudrillard and Derrida as nude emperors.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

What was the particular opinion that forced the large chinned entertainer to come to this conclusion.
                      Eh?

Bruce was neither large chinned nor an entertainer.

The last I heard of him he was supposedly living on a yacht in New York Harbour as a "minder" for the vessel

Comment

Well, that's your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                          He once told my friend's girlfriend's brother that if he made any more wisecracks about his syrup, he'd 'take (his) f***ing head off'.

(Obviously, I mean that Forsyth was planning to do physical harm to my friend's girlfriend's brother - he hadn't developed a bizarre music hall turn involving self-decapitation.)

Comment

You wouldn't want to provoke Bruce into aiming a high kick at your head. His body was a perfectly evolved machine for just that purpose.

Comment

Someone reassure me for a moment – does this thread actually exist? Am I really reading the words in the various posts above in the order they appear to be in, or am I going doolally?

Comment

I can't offer you any concrete reassurance, VA.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                  You wouldn't want to provoke Bruce into aiming a high kick at your head. His body was a perfectly evolved machine for just that purpose.
                                  Noddy Holder could take him.

Comment

Nah, you know that Joker scene from The Dark Knight with the pencil? Brucie would be like that with a fondue skewer. Noddy'd never know what had hit him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post

Noddy Holder could take him.
                                      Being alive would certainly work in Noddy's favour in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                        Nah, you know that Joker scene from The Dark Knight with the pencil? Brucie would be like that with a fondue skewer. Noddy'd never know what had hit him.
                                        Not if he's been distracted by a shiny top hat. He'd mistake it for a glitter ball and try to instigate a rumba.

Comment

A rumba of death!

In the film Game of Death, the fight that Bruce Lee has with Kareem Abdul Jabbar was originally conceived as the 'Battle of the Bruces'. On set it became apparent that Lee could never beat Forsyth and Forsyth wouldn't take a fall to make his Hong Kong rival seem unbeatable. Forsyth left the production to take a guest slot in The Muppet Show and Lakers ace Jabbar stepped in to fill his shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

Being alive would certainly work in Noddy's favour in that fight.
                                            That's what they want you to think. Zombie Forsyth is relentless.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

That's what they want you to think. Zombie Forsyth is relentless.
                                              "Nice to eat you, to eat you......"

Comment

Liam dropped three f words already.

Comment

I'm surprised that he has three f words in his vocabulary.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X