RIP

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/PA/status/1249306703486767108[/TWEET]

Not Goodie news.

Comment

RIP.

Comment

RIP.

Comment

Oh no! I saw him fit and well only in January on the latest 'Clue' tour. Terrible news.
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 12-04-2020, 15:21.

Comment

Really horrible news. Tim Brooke Taylor was so great. And so self-effacing. Even his most famous sketch, most people think is Python.

As an occasional Clue contributor, the best moments were when Tim did some of your stuff. Cos it was Tim Brooke Taylor doing your joke. Tim. Out of the Goodies.

Comment

RIP.

Gone to join Willie Rushton in The Great Antidote to Panel Games In the Sky as Humphrey Littleton looks on aghast.

Comment

And there goes my dream of a Broaden Your Mind reunion.

Comment

Ah that's really sad. We always used to have Radio 4 on at tea time and I used to enjoy I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                    And there goes my dream of a Broaden Your Mind reunion.
                    I cannot think of any comic who has consistently worked with another for as long as Graeme Garden and Tim Brooke Taylor have. Over 55 years.

Comment

The Goodies was an incredibly funny show, and being so young at the time I never realised how topical it was as well. There were some iconic moments in there as well, the giant kitten, ecky thump. And whenever I see a tandem anywhere I immediately think 'The Goodies'.
                      RIP TBT

Comment

A little, fondly-remembered, part of my childhood shuttles off this mortal coil.

RIP.

Comment

RIP TBT.

Comment

Very sad news indeed and as others have mentioned he was by all accounts a lovely bloke.

Comment

He was a Wayne Rooney's Derby County fan - think he was on their board for a while in the 1980s.

Comment

Gutted. Was reading loads of stuff about the Goodies merely three days ago – bizarrely, I happened to find myself editing their page on TV Tropes just this Thursday. I grew up loving I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, and the show is only two years short of its 50th anniversary, too. RIP TBT.

Comment

Oh man. I wonder if the depth of feeling I've had at the deaths of comedians says something about comedy or just me. Radio comedy was much more important in our house than music growing up. Both TBT and Jeremy Hardy hit me for six.

Comment

RIP TB-T.

I don’t think that The Goodies has aged terribly well, but I certainly loved it as a kid.

Comment

What a shitty day.

I met him when I was a kid, he signed my Goodies album. "Don't meet your heroes" - definitely not true of Tim Brooke-Taylor. A gent.

Goodbye, Cheeky.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                        And whenever I see a tandem anywhere I immediately think 'The Goodies'.
                                        RIP TBT
                                        This.

Comment

yes, snap re the tandem!

Just been exchanging messages with my two grown up daughters about The Goodies. It was my generation of course, not theirs, but I introduced it to them on DVD when they were kids and they absolutely loved it and remember episodes as well as I do.

Comment

The Goodies really hasn't "aged well". Very little of this would be legal to broadcast today, let alone considered funny.

https://youtu.be/ch4IWMwwaQU

Comment

Some episodes have aged a lot less well than others, certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                                The Goodies really hasn't "aged well". Very little of this would be legal to broadcast today, let alone considered funny.

https://youtu.be/ch4IWMwwaQU
                                                Aha.

The "death" episode!

Comment

OTOH, this is brilliant.

https://twitter.com/NicholasPegg/status/1249785457032024065

Comment

Working...
                                                  X