Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    Despite the legendary status, I think I only films I ever saw with him in were The Vikings and 20000 League Under The Sea.

Are there other claims about his treatment of women alongside the Natalie Wood one?

Leave a comment:

• WOM
    replied
    Originally posted by G-Man View Post
    Whoah there, ad hoc. You're supposed to wait a day with that!
    No, no, man. If you're over 100 and didn't die tragically with your child, the embargo is waived.

Leave a comment:

• MsD
    replied
    I loved a couple of his films, of course, who doesn't love Spartacus?

But his treatment of women sucked.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    The tradeoff being that he was a Proper Movie Star of the kind you don't really get any more.

I was far too early for Kirk, but I've always been a fan of Michael Douglas who I think is underrated as an actor, leading man and producer. I remember getting hooked on repeats of The Streets of San Francisco when they were running on one of the satellite channels about a decade back.

Leave a comment:

• slackster
    replied
    Yes, it is, to be fair. The old studio system often didn’t do actors many favours on their CV.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    Isn't that the case with many "great" Hollywood stars? They were on a payroll, not just actors who could pick and choose their movies.

Leave a comment:

• slackster
    replied
    There’s a few memorable films he was in - Ace In The Hole & Paths To Glory standout alongside Spartacus for me - but when you look back over his career a hell of a lot of it was forgettable dross.

Leave a comment:

• G-Man
    replied
    Whoah there, ad hoc. You're supposed to wait a day with that!

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    The Harvey Weinstein of his day? The Natalie Wood rumour would certainly suggest so

Leave a comment:

• Snake Plissken
    replied
    "I'm dead." "No, I'm dead".

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    started a topic Kirk Douglas, 103 and out

Kirk Douglas, 103 and out

Passed away yesterday.

Have to admit, I've never watched Sparticus. I've said "I'm Sparticus!" though.
Working...
X