Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Someone Makes Racist Freudian Slips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
    It's sounds vaguely like it to you, exactly like it to others. I don't understand what there is to argue about. Are you telling me that I'm lying when I say that it's what I hear?
    We're not arguing about what people hear. You hear what you hear. Same as that 'blue/gold dress' thing. You see what you see.

The argument comes in looking at the situation in its entirety, and the explanation of the woman who said it.

On balance, I think the people who hear 'the n word' are wrong in thinking she said what they think she said. But I'm not saying they don't hear what they think they hear.

Comment

To whit, she said "I started to say Knicks...and I finished saying Lakers so it sounded like Nakers". Makes a shit ton more sense than the woman blurted out Los Angeles N*gg*rs, unprovoked.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
        Yes, I agree with him.
        Yeah, I thought you would so I am not surprised.

I still stand by my comment and will not be withdrawing it so you can sit there applauding him as he makes personal attacks against me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

You really need to stop that WOM, it is the debating tactic of the morally and intellectually bankrupt.
          Oh, stop it. I've said it to you before and I'll say it again now: you're so deeply invested in your whole 'everyone is racist' thing that you don't leave any room for any other possibility. You won't even consider it.

Comment

I've watched the clip a fair few times now, and have heard it slowed down, and absolutely do not hear "Nakers".

Comment

I still stand by my comment and will not be withdrawing it so you can sit there applauding him as he makes personal attacks against me.
              Yes, the personal attacks he makes against you. Jesus.

Comment

Yup, as usual you've got everyone figured out...right down to a man.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Oh, stop it. I've said it to you before and I'll say it again now: you're so deeply invested in your whole 'everyone is racist' thing that you don't leave any room for any other possibility. You won't even consider it.
                  What rooms are you on about.

and I have noticed this by the way.

Hahaha...no, but I'm pretty sure I've got you figured out by now.
                  Now, If I was to say something similar to you, you would be bleating like a stuffed Pig and no doubt your cheerleader will be on here too attacking me.

But like I have said numerous times, if it helps you to dismiss everything I say, then good luck to you. You are entitled to your own opinion and I am not obliged to agree or respect it.

Comment

But like I have said numerous times, if it helps you to dismiss everything I say, then good luck to you. You are entitled to your own opinion and I am not obliged to agree or respect it.
                    Nah, I actually agree with you a fair bit. I chime in when I disagree with you. If that makes it look like I disagree with everyone, that's on me. But for the record, what kicked this off was you implying (by invoking the Danny Baker thread) that we weren't the 'n word' because we're racist. Or at least because we're white.

Comment

Yup, as usual you've got everyone figured out...right down to a man.
                      Yes, based on his initial response.

No, it's not. WOM's neither morally nor intellectually bankrupt.
                      You see, I form opinions based on what people actually say, and when I am not sure I ask them. You should try it sometime. It's alot easier than just making up stuff.

Comment

and I have noticed this by the way.

Now, If I was to say something similar to you, you would be bleating like a stuffed Pig and no doubt your cheerleader will be on here too attacking me.

Seriously, what the fuck are you on about?

Comment

Well, let's go with a quick one: do you think she said 'the n word' or do you think she said 'Nakers'? And do you believe her explanation or do you think she's lying?

Comment

Nah, I actually agree with you a fair bit. I chime in when I disagree with you. If that makes it look like I disagree with everyone, that's on me. But for the record, what kicked this off was you implying (by invoking the Danny Baker thread) that we weren't the 'n word' because we're racist. Or at least because we're white.
                            Nah, it's a lot deeper than that. when you disagree with me, your level of venom and aggression far exceeds with the way you address others who essentially agree with me.
                            I don't know or care why, but I am certainly not imagining this.

Comment

Well, let's go with a quick one: do you think she said 'the n word' or do you think she said 'Nakers'? And do you believe her explanation or do you think she's lying?
                              I have already addressed this very clearly a couple of pages back.

Last edited by Tactical Genius; 27-01-2020, 18:00.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                                Seriously, what the fuck are you on about?
                                That post was not addressed to you.

Comment

Nah, it's a lot deeper than that. when you disagree with me, your level of venom and aggression far exceeds with the way you address others who essentially agree with me.
                                  I don't know or care why, but I am certainly not imagining this.
                                  You mistake exasperation and frustration for venom. Trust me on this one, if nothing else. You are unendingly frustrating to 'debate' with.

Comment

I have already addressed this very clearly a couple of pages back.
                                    So again. Redirection in place of a simple answer.

Comment

While you're in the mood to not answer for your posts, go back and answer this one which you sidestepped as usual.

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...11#post2240411

Comment

So again. Redirection in place of a simple answer.
                                        No, you asked me the same question multiple times in a slightly different way in the hope that you can latch onto an inconsistency (this is the bit where you feign confusion as to what I am on about).

What I said.

I am 100% serious.

At first I thought the posts were some kind of ironic pisstake of the presenter and her piss poor excuse.
                                        It shouldn't be too difficult to infer what I think she said and what I thought of her explanation. You knew what I meant at the time as you accused me of accusing OTF posters of being racist due to their support of the newscaster.

Are there recent Paxman or Walden appreciation threads on Film influencing you?

Comment

No, you asked me the same question multiple times in a slightly different way in the hope that you can latch onto an inconsistency (this is the bit where you feign confusion as to what I am on about).
                                          Okay, let's try this: paste a link to where you posted your opinion on the 'Naker' incident. Nothing more. Just a link. I beg of you.

Comment

I am 100% serious. At first I thought the posts were some kind of ironic pisstake of the presenter and her piss poor excuse.
                                            Oh, shit. Wait...this is meant to be your opinion? Read much more like a reflection on our(s) opinions, but okay.

Comment

That post was not addressed to you.
                                              Oh, all right. Put a postcode on it next time.

Comment

While you're in the mood to not answer for your posts, go back and answer this one which you sidestepped as usual.

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...11#post2240411
                                                Responded, in the future, i am more than happy for you to refer me to previous threads if you have a question I have not answered.

Comment

Oh, shit. Wait...this is meant to be your opinion? Read much more like a reflection on our(s) opinions, but okay.
                                                  Well it was pretty clear I strongly disagreed on the consensus there at the time. After all, it triggered you to have a go at me. Or are you saying you just had a go at me without understanding my stated position?

Comment

You mistake exasperation and frustration for venom. Trust me on this one, if nothing else. You are unendingly frustrating to 'debate' with.
                                                    I would come across as frustrating if you try to misrepresent my point which I can simply debunk with, "show me where I said that".

Comment

Working...
                                                    X