Happy Birthday Jim Carrey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like most people on the board--like the earlier stuff and the straight acting.

But he really blotted his copybook with all that anti-vaccination nonsense when he was shacked up with Jenny McCarthy.

Comment

I see the opposite. I mean I would think twice about eating vegetables if both Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy endorsed it.

Comment

Carrey can be very good if he's in a structured film with a strong director who won't take any shite and keeps him doing what the script demands - Ace Ventura, Liar Liar and Truman Show are all like this.

However, when he's allowed free rein to do his own thing he's unwatchable, self-indulgent toss - worse even than Robin Williams.

Comment

moolag wrote:
          No, but he did The Adventures Of Pluto Nash, which as I was watching, assumed was a dry, Woody Allen style Sci Fi pastiche. I was watching it in Thailand, with the subtitles all wrong, though.

When I watched it back in the UK I realised what an absolute abomination it was.
          I enjoyed 'Pluto Nash'. I mean, it's shit, but I enjoyed it.

Comment

Vicarious Thrillseeker wrote:
            moolag wrote:
            No, but he did The Adventures Of Pluto Nash, which as I was watching, assumed was a dry, Woody Allen style Sci Fi pastiche. I was watching it in Thailand, with the subtitles all wrong, though.

When I watched it back in the UK I realised what an absolute abomination it was.
            I enjoyed 'Pluto Nash'. I mean, it's shit, but I enjoyed it.
            I guess it could be filed under 'so shit it's good'. I mean some of the lines in that film..I found myself doing more double takes than James Finlayson

Comment

Working...
            X