• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20th Century-Fox

Who knew this?

It's neither 20th Century Fox, nor 20th-Century Fox

https://mobile.twitter.com/EddieRobs...64166475206656

It doesn’t exist either, does it? Disney doesn’t seem to be using the brand. I was a bit disappointed they didn’t use the fanfare and the logo prior to the LucasFilm logo in the new Star Wars film. That bit always got me amped for a Star Wars or Indiana Jones film.

https://youtu.be/wKvZBFZ6vv8
    Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 17-01-2020, 22:01.

Comment

The brand and fanfare (remixed) are on the front of JoJo Rabbit

Comment

Interesting

Comment

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1218216711930949633

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
            That bit always got me amped for a Star Wars or Indiana Jones film.
            Raiders was Paramount. Easily remembered by the Paramount logo fading into the mountain peak in the very first seconds of the film.

/nerd

Comment

That’s not how I remember it but I will take your word for it.

Comment

See the lower right corner

Comment

I always wondered if they'd change the name for the 21st century, though if 200AD didn't bother then why would anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    See the lower right corner

I wasn’t saying he was wrong. I just somehow remember it as a 20CF movie somehow.

Weird.

I must be imagining another major blockbuster franchise.

Comment

Maybe this franchise?

Comment

Unlikely.

Now that WOM has mentioned it, I recall that intro where the Paramount logo fades into the start of the film. Which IJ movie was that.

Comment

Ray, they did under Murdoch control before the sale to Disney

Comment

Raiders

Comment

Unlikely.

Now that WOM has mentioned it, I recall that intro where the Paramount logo fades into the start of the film. Which IJ movie was that.
                              Don’t all of them do it? I certainly remember, unfortunately, that the Kingdom of the Crystal Meth has it morph into a gopher hill (which should have been a warning for what followed).

Comment

The earliest Paramount morph I can think of is The Road to Zanzibar(1941.) Hope and Crosby emerge from the jungle to see Kilimanjaro/Paramount logo in the distance and Hope makes a crack about it being his paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by tracteurgarçon View Post

Don’t all of them do it? I certainly remember, unfortunately, that the Kingdom of the Crystal Meth has it morph into a gopher hill (which should have been a warning for what followed).
                                  I didn't hate that movie like so many else did, but it was a noticeable drop-off from Last Crusade.

There's going to be a fifth IJ movie soon. Set in the 60s. I hope it is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                    The earliest Paramount morph I can think of is The Road to Zanzibar(1941.) Hope and Crosby emerge from the jungle to see Kilimanjaro/Paramount logo in the distance and Hope makes a crack about it being his paycheck.
                                    Certainly a film that is paramount in its racism

Comment

Anther Indiana Jones movie? What's this one going to be?
                                      Indiana Jones and the Bus Trip to the Seaside?
                                      Indiana Jones and the Last Bingo Number?
                                      Indiana Jones and the Bedbath of Doom?

Comment

Certainly a film that is paramount in its racism
                                        Yeah. Almost certainly why the series has been mothballed for the last few decades.

Comment

I think the Bob Hope road movies are mothballed because he’s been dead for a while.

As for Indiana Jones, yeah, a few scenes seem to play up the “aren’t these primitive people scary” aspect a bit. That used to be common and we didn’t even notice. As a kid, I didn’t infer anything about, for example, Amazonian people from the film. I just thought they were trying to kill Indy because the Nazi guy had paid them. Which seemed fair enough. But really it was because he stole their idol.

If you watch the films again, it’s actually pretty clear that they’re not trying to make IJ out to be a selfless hero or even a real archeologist. He’s a thief who steals from the poor and gives to his university. He also fights Nazis.

Not sure what IJ 5 will be about. I don’t think his son Mutt is supposed to make another appearance. Not sure about Karen Allen either. They may retcon that whole film from the story. But I don’t know how they’ll do an adventurer in his late 60s.

He already appeared as an old man in a “flash forward” in the Young Indiana Jones TV show. Missing an eye. I really liked that show. But that was a long time ago.

Comment

I think the Bob Hope road movies are mothballed because he’s been dead for a while.
                                            The Marx Brothers have been dead for a few years but their movies show up regularly. Also Bogart and Bacall and many others from the thirties and forties.

Comment

Maybe that is more of a thing in Canada?

This is from IMDb
                                              One of over 700 Paramount productions, filmed between 1929-49, which were sold to MCA/Universal in 1958 for television distribution, and have been owned and controlled by Universal ever since. Its initial television presentation took place in Seattle on 17 January 1959 on KIRO (Channel 7); it next launched the MCA/Paramount Film Library in Albany, New York 15 March 1959 on WAST (Channel 13); it first aired in Grand Rapids 3 August 1959 on WOOD (Channel 8) and in New York City 13 September 1959 on WCBS (Channel 2). In Columbus it was broadcast 26 September 1959 on WBNS (Channel 10) as a promotional preview to inaugurate their purchase of the MCA/Paramount Film Library; in Milwaukee it first aired 7 October 1959 on WITI (Channel 6), in Minneapolis 19 October 1959 on WTCN (Channel 11), in Asheville 13 November 1959 on WLOS (Channel 13), in Boise 4 January 1960 on KBOI (Channel 2), in Cleveland 3 March 1960 on WJW (Channel 8), and in Philadelphia 12 March 1960 on WCAU (channel 10). It was released on DVD 5 March 2002 as part of Universal's "Bob Hope: The Tribute Collection", again 4 May 2004 as part of Universal's "On the Road with Bob Hope and Bing Crosby Collection", and again 11 November 2014 as one of 24 titles in Universal's "Bing Crosby Silver Screen Collection"; since that time it has enjoyed frequent presentations on cable TV on Turner Classic Movies.

Comment

Maybe that is more of a thing in Canada?
                                                What is?

Comment

That the film is "mothballed"

That doesn't seem to be the case down here

Comment

Working...
                                                  X