No announcement yet.

Important characters who never appear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to watch Croft & Perry (or Croft & Lloyd) stuff, you’d have to head over to UKTV Gold channel. Hi-de-hi!, Allo’ Allo’ and Are You Being Served are regularly on there. Maybe even the lesser sitcoms they churned out too: the schedule doesn’t fill itself, you know. The one that doesn’t get shown is It Aint Half Hot, Mum. Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Comment

Well, there are one or two obvious reasons why that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Aged better than “Oh Doctor Beeching” though.

I had completely forgotten about that show.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

The BBC's key target audience are also far less nostalgiac about having to spend their summers in shitty holiday camps than they are about a war they like to think their parents enjoyed fighting in.
          If you watch Tommy you can have both

Comment

Lucy, Smithy's very young girlfriend.

Comment

I've been rewatching Cheers from the beginning and as.mentioned in the OP, Vera is a very influential character who never appears. That the creative team did the same thing in Frasier with Maris Crane is quite funny. Clearly they realised they had a good comic mechanism there.

Comment

Mrs. Slocombe's pussy.

Comment

We did once see Vera in 'Cheers' (and her voice was provided by George Wendt's real life wife, Bernadette Birkett) ;

Comment

Ooh. I'll look forward to that.

Comment

Pru Forrest turned up once. As Judy Dench if I remember correctly.

Comment

In Eastenders the laundrette owner Mr Popodopolous was referred to frequently and only appeared on screen twice in seven years or so.

Comment

Working...
                        X