Channel 4: 24 hours in Police Custody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel 4: 24 hours in Police Custody

Did anyone see this weeks edition of this programme? It was a two parter starter last night and concluding tonight and was quite something to watch. If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching on 4OD, although to be fair, all the programmes in this long running series have been worth watching. But the sentences - 28 and 29 years, bloody hell that is harsh.

The landmark series that follows police detectives as they investigate major crimes

Comment

It's a good series. There's a lot of tv docs now in this genre, some watchable, some not, but this is one of the stand-outs. A lot of it has taken place near where my partner is from, so we have a vested interest watching it anyway.

Comment

Another incredible one tonight - Catching a Killer - about the Maids Moreton murder. The time and investigation into this murder defies belief. What a calculating scheming scumbag Ben Field is.

A gripping series with extraordinary access to police investigations

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
          Another incredible one tonight - Catching a Killer - about the Maids Moreton murder. The time and investigation into this murder defies belief. What a calculating scheming scumbag Ben Field is.

Thanks for the heads up on this one, Paul. We briefly discussed it on OTF last year as it's such a terribly odd case, in the strictest sense of the term.

The investigation as portrayed seemed very weird, with the softly spoken words of the members of the police unit and the painstaking way in which they built their case interspersed with views of the gorgeous Buckinghamshire countryside. It was almost lyrical but with a deeply, unnervingly sinister character at the centre of it. Astonishing TV.

Comment

I have to say it was a very disturbing case and one which has played on my mind all night. The lengths the killer went to to kill Peter for his money was quite chilling and the use of hallucinogenic drugs to trick Peter into changing his will shows what an evil psychopath he was. I can't help feeling that ThamesVP have just stopped another Harold Shipman.
            Last edited by Paul S; 14-01-2020, 06:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
              But the sentences - 28 and 29 years, bloody hell that is harsh.
              they quite happily killed someone in cold blood,i wont be losing any sleep over poor them

Comment

The Maids Moreton case was indeed a dreadful one but I found the program a bit patchy. Very little about the 2nd murder, for which Field was cleared, and nothing at all about his alleged, and cleared, co conspirator.

Perhaps I've been spoiled by the 24 hours program that tends to tie everything in nicely each episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot of Astaire's View Post
                  The Maids Moreton case was indeed a dreadful one but I found the program a bit patchy. Very little about the 2nd murder, for which Field was cleared, and nothing at all about his alleged, and cleared, co conspirator.

Perhaps I've been spoiled by the 24 hours program that tends to tie everything in nicely each episode.

I think that family cooperation is obviously a big issue in these sorts of programmes, hence the patchiness, though I believe that there was only one murder, the old woman dying of natural causes though there may well have been reason for an attempted murder charge. Field's friend was acquitted of all charges so perhaps understandably didn't feature very heavily.

Welcome to the board, Footy.

Comment

But which is the underrated Bourbon? The one with a little too much filling going over the edges? Certainly not Blantons...

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                      the gorgeous Buckinghamshire countryside
                      Ha, Londoners are easily pleased. I'm going to have to watch this now to see which bits they show (to be fair I used to love the old railway line but that was on the other side of town). I played football in Maids Moreton when I was a child, for a team called Moretonville who played in lovely red and black stripes. The other local kids' team, Padbury, played in sky blue which was nowhere near as nice.

Yeah, this case was proper Weird Bucks, real dark heart of the country stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                        But which is the underrated Bourbon? The one with a little too much filling going over the edges? Certainly not Blantons...
                        There are two Bourbons?!!

I'm talking of the regular ones that are on plates (briefly) when I'm in meetings.

Comment

Louis XVII?

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                            Louis XVII?
                            You'll get used to this Footy.
                            Welcome, fellow Bourbon lover

Comment

Originally posted by wittoner View Post

You'll get used to this Footy.
                              Welcome, fellow Bourbon lover
                              Thank you. I confess I had to Google ad hoc's reference

Comment

Working...
                              X