Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't remember it stopping.

Comment

The fact of the matter is that at some point in 1983, Johnny Morris went away for all of that year and of every year that followed.

It strikes me that young Sits was an astute judge of character. He recognised the fly-by-night unreliability of the man early on while everyone else was still enthralled by JM's De Niro-esque ability to disappear into the character of a camel. Sure, the many voiced chancer tried to blame the BBC but isn't that abdication of responsibility entirely typical of his sort?

There's no record of Johnny Morris ever having paid child support to those chickens who were tricked into thinking that his socks were their parents either.

Comment

Well, there's a post-and-a-half...

Comment

I detested Johnny Morris as a small child. Even as an infant, I thought his schtick was infantile.

I once mentioned this to my dad, who told me he hated him in the 50s when he was on the radio.

Comment

On a school trip to Twycross Zoo, a crowd of 10 (or so) year olds were told to "Bugger Off" by JM when we pestered him to make the animals talk to us. That would have been around 1974 and after that point, having told my mum what had happened, Animal Magic was duly banned from our telly.

Comment

You lot are literally shitting on my childhood right now. Next up you'll be telling me Tony Hart tortured children, or Brian Cant was a former member of the SS.

Comment

Nobody tell him about Valerie Singleton.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                  You lot are literally shitting on my childhood right now.
                  Surely that particular ship has long since sailed?

Comment

A friend and I were once idly wandering round in London when we saw Johnny Morris and we started following him. After a while that got boring, so we started pretending to lose him and then shouting "There he is!" and humming "talk to the animals". No wonder he was an irascible bastard .

Comment

I'm reporting you for adult molesting.

Comment

I'm not even going to start on Norris McWhirter, Hughie Green, and <reference to a living individual redacted>

Comment

Mary Berry?

Comment

Working...
                          X