No announcement yet.

JoJo Rabbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Er Ist Wieder Da is on UK Netflix. I liked it, funny as heck when he goes to the modern Nazi HQ.

Comment

Watched a screener and liked it but didn't love it. I found the scope and sets a bit jarring--you really wouldn't know that there was a war going on, and I never really got a strong sense of place in the film. I can think that maybe this was part of telling the film through Jojo's point of view, but there wasn't much in the direction that made me think that this was an intentional decision. Rebel Wilson really grated my nerves, Rockwell was good, and his final scene really got to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
        Er Ist Wieder Da is on UK Netflix. I liked it, funny as heck when he goes to the modern Nazi HQ.
        Yeah, another vote for this, it's great.

Rebel Wilson's presence on the posters has put me off JoJo a bit, but I've been assured she's not in it much. Girlfriend wants to see it so we'll probably go at some point.

Comment

Can anyone explain Rebel Wilson to me? She seems to be the Hollywood equivalent of Miranda, in that we're supposed to find a non-glamourous woman falling over all the time intrinsically funny.

Comment

Her range is a bit limited, I suppose.

Comment

I finally watched this last night. I'm in the good-but-not-great camp. I was more entertained by the Lightweight Nazi Comedy Filmed By Wes Anderson first part than I probably should have been. Like everyone, I thought it would have been better without Rebel Wilson. Thomasin Mckenzie's going to be an absolutely massive star. There were a couple of moments in the end section where I was sure they were using the same set that Mendes used on 1917. It's interesting, and worth watching, but probably not the best film of Awards Season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                Her range is a bit limited, I suppose.
                But she channeled Kim Hartman perfectly in this one!

Comment

It's only after I've seen the last scene with Hitler again on you tube I've realised he has a hole in the side of his head dripping blood.

Comment

Yeah, I missed that first time too.

Comment

Working...
                    X