Clear All

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    No gore as such, but violence and explosions associated with war feature

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    I loved "What we do in the shadows" and hadn't realised until now that Waititi directed Thor:Ragnarok which I'd not seen because well I just thought it was just another film in the tediously endless marvel cinematic universe. I might watch it now. And I'll certainly try to see Jojo Rabbit
    Ragnorok is probably the best MCU film.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    My reaction to seeing the trailer was somewhere between WTAF and that looks absolutely terrible. I definitely will not be watching it.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    I loved "What we do in the shadows" and hadn't realised until now that Waititi directed Thor:Ragnarok which I'd not seen because well I just thought it was just another film in the tediously endless marvel cinematic universe. I might watch it now. And I'll certainly try to see Jojo Rabbit

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Seems to be dividing the critics: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50850133

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    I've liked the look of the trailer and fancy giving it a go. At the risk of spoilers, is there any gore / bloody violence in it because Mrs Thistle hates that and won't watch war films.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Incredibly broad.

And none the worse for it.

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied
    This got almost no discussion in the US. I don't know if audiences here can handle satire (the giant A SATIRE in the trailer indicates that they were worried about that), but even still, the trailer didn't make me want to see it at all, it just seemed so over the top and broad. Maybe the trailer didn't do it any justice, I know a lot of people like Watiti's stuff (which I haven't seen).

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    started a topic JoJo Rabbit

JoJo Rabbit

Just been to see it

8½/10

No spoilers, but, a few nice touches of "making the Nazis look like dicks", while emphasising what complete bastards they were

Usual bravura performances from Sam Rockwell, Scarlett Johansson, and Rebel Wilson

Two principals also very good
Working...
X