X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Une Femme Était Une Femme

Anna Karina dead, 79.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...rom-the-screen

i don’t mind admitting I was utterly transfixed with her on screen in those early Godard movies. Never has someone wielded a pair of scissors so mesmerisingly in a film.

She had that lovely French 60s cool like Brigitte Bardot, Catherine Deneuve, Francoise Dorleac, Francoise Hardy, France Gall and Sylvie Vartan.

RIP, Anna.

Comment

Originally posted by slackster View Post
      Anna Karina dead, 79.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...rom-the-screen

i don’t mind admitting I was utterly transfixed with her on screen in those early Godard movies. Never has someone wielded a pair of scissors so mesmerisingly in a film.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge Gainsbourg View Post
        She had that lovely French 60s cool like Brigitte Bardot, Catherine Deneuve, Francoise Dorleac, Francoise Hardy, France Gall and Sylvie Vartan.

RIP, Anna.

Easy, Serge!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Easy, Serge!!!
          Well, I do have a reputation to uphold!

Comment

Have to admit, she never particularly [cough] moved me in that way. Among Godardian women Jean Seberg was more my type. But Karina was certainly kind of Nouvelle Vague definitive. I mean I don't really connect her with anything outside that context. Because of that I also don't really have a sense of how good an actor she was, as the films didn't really require that skill. She was just an eternal presence, and a very striking one.

Comment

Lolz for NS ^.

Surprised someone hasn’t shoehorned in the old gag about AK’s surprise career shift from Nouvelle Vague icon in the 70s to portray Olive in On The Buses.

Comment

I fell in love with her, and early Godard, when I saw a BFI showreel of clips from his films in a French module in my 2nd year.

Looking up at my pinboard on the office wall there are 3 pics of her up there (Vivre sa vie; Bande a part; Une Femme est une femme), despite me falling out of love with Godard long ago...

(I don't get the On the Buses one but I'll look it up)

Comment

It’s an Anna Karen/Anna Karina gag

Comment

In homage to 70s sitcoms: what a lovely pair!

(of photos- never seen that Karina one before)

Comment

Working...
                    X