X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder Woman 1984

Fair play this trailer looks awesome.

https://twitter.com/WonderWomanFilm/status/1203783528749551616?s=20

Not quite sure how they're bringing Reboot Kirk back to life. But anyway... digging the red and blue uniform.

That's the traditional uniform, isn't it?

Comment

Yeah, this and the new Ghostbusters trailer have me reliving 1984 in the most marvelous way. Stranger Things S3 was no slouch in that regard either.

Comment

Yes it's the traditional look.

Comment

WW wears red and blue because, according to the original story, it is the custom of the Amazons to honor their host country when fighting for a different country. Or something along those lines. I haven't read the comics in a while. I read the George Perez reboot version in the 80s, but that was in the 80s.

It was also to reassure parents and censors that she was not a communist or some other foreign corrupting influence on young people. And until the 80s, comics were printed cheaply, so only primary colors and simple designs would work. That's why superheroes look the way they do.

For more on the strange origins of the character, I recommend this film.
          https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6133130/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
            That's the traditional uniform, isn't it?

Bullet Baxter?

Comment

Indeed. It was an end of term Sports Day special. I think he stopped a baddie while wearing it.

Anyway, it was my first introduction to Wonder Woman. I have been confused ever since.

Comment

Looks good and plenty of opportunity for "man out of time" jokes for the Captain Steven who isn't a Super Soldier.

Odd to think that the original comics were shot through with BDSM.

Comment

I enjoyed the Blue Monday extrapolated soundtrack to the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                    Looks good and plenty of opportunity for "man out of time" jokes for the Captain Steven who isn't a Super Soldier.

Odd to think that the original comics were shot through with BDSM.
                    Yes, sort of. Marston had some novel ideas. He also is credited with partly developing the lie-detector machine.
                    Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 18-12-2019, 15:32.

Comment

Working...
                    X