No announcement yet.

Knives Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this on Saturday at a late screening (probably the last one of its run) at Greenwich Picturehouse. Great fun, very funny, and yes, politically "edgy" (if you want some facepalm giggles, check out the one star reviews on the Amazon Prime page).

I've never left a cinema at 00.45 before. It was remarkably deserted and disconcerting, really.

Comment

Hahaha! The angry Amazon reviewers are funny. There are also a couple of Star Wars fanboys who are still upset as well as the politics idiots.

Comment

Saw it tonight on Amazon Video with the family.

It's better than the execrable trailer (that did indicate it would be more shrill and OTT than it was) but not as good as the general tone of the reviews I read which had it down as a highlight of last year.

It actually felt very televisual (deliberately so, I think) when I expected it to be more stagey. Almost a homage to made for TV feature length whodunnits. Watching it with the family was probably perfect though it felt more Sunday afternoon fare than Saturday night, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
        X