Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrity Charity "Who Wants To be " ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just give them the fucking money! You cunts!

What is this? Kind of a sanitised modern-day televisual version of where Chris Tarrant, in the guise of Nero, is simply taunting mothers in the Roman arena as to how many of their babies are going to thrown on the fires?

I mean for fuck's sake! He's just told Lee whatshisface and his sidekick "oh, well, never mind, you've still won £25,000 for your charity, you'd have got £50,000 if you'd known that there was a version of the Magna Carta in Rochester Castle" or some such bollocks.

We are apparently watching for our entertainment the lives being drained from children waiting for presents, people waiting for essential care, and people dying in Africa, just so Chris Tarrant can "entertain" us for just that thirty seconds further.

This truly is like the end days of Rome.

Dunno, wasn't Christmas Bullseye kind of the same?

Comment

Rog: Everyone knows that the Sleb version of anything at Xmas is for charidee... so it has to be seen as such. However, were they to invite two intelligent peeps on for example 'Who wants to...', their charity budget may soon peter out, rather quickly... although, it may just up the questions difficulty, a slight nuance...

Fuck it Rog: TV is shit at this time of year, so it is full of crap quizzes with virtues, trying to make you remember they still exist in a sea full of vapid shit.

Celebrity Uni Challenge was pretty good... it showed me that I know as much if not more 'about the questions asked' than the people concerned, did.

Whoopee, for me.

Suck it up, Rog... you will have worse to come this year on TV, I assure you... Downton Abeey will go sci-fi, and Eastenders will become the big hit on the West End stage... I am willing to bet my 3p saved on the Oxfam books!

Comment

Working...
      X